Board logo

Washing Machine
piddy - 15/3/09 at 08:00 PM

Hi Our washing machine packed up over the wekend,so we've off to buy a new one tomorrow. I seem to remember someone recommending what make was best to buy a while ago but can't find the thread. Anyone know of the thread or can advise. used daily family use.

mookaloid - 15/3/09 at 08:04 PM

I think Bosch are pretty good - I know of several and none of them have gone wrong.

daniel mason - 15/3/09 at 08:12 PM

definately bosch.I have one and its only 1200 spin,it was cheap from comet and is outstanding!

jacko - 15/3/09 at 08:17 PM

Our bosch packed up just after the guarantee 2 years
we now have a Ariston great so the wife says i dont know my self

stevebubs - 15/3/09 at 08:28 PM

Spent a small fortune on a Miele 2/3 years ago - came with a 10 year parts & labour guarantee....

mr henderson - 15/3/09 at 08:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by jacko
Our bosch packed up just after the guarantee 2 years
we now have a Ariston great so the wife says i dont know my self

Notwithstanding that, I also reccommend Bosch. There is always an exception, I've know several and none of them have ever gone wrong.

John

Peteff - 15/3/09 at 08:37 PM

We has an Ariston bought on the strength of several good write ups and it was repaired 3 times under warranty and lasted about another year after warranty ran out, about 4 years altogether. We now have a Zanussi 1400 spin and it is quite good, even I can understand the dial and on full spin speed stuff comes out nearly dry. We had a Hoover, the first automatic we bought, for 16 years and all it ever had was new carbon brushes in the motor till the programme card went and it was too old to replace parts.

segan2b - 15/3/09 at 09:41 PM

I think it is a matter of luck!
Got the cheapest Tricity Bendix from Comet 14 years ago.

Family use, two children, now all grown up and still going strong!!

BenB - 15/3/09 at 10:18 PM

Bosch certainly have a good reputation...
I've got an Indesit and I've had to replace the drier element twice in 4 years (its a washer drier)....

UncleFista - 15/3/09 at 11:05 PM

I've had a few over the years, my last one could've been fixed, but the parts prices were astronomical.

I did a bit of homework and checked out spare price parts, Bosch were by far the cheapest (like half the price of other makes) so I bought a Bosch "Classic" and it's been a revelation.

It's not got any fancy LED displays or owt, it's just a very quiet, well-made appliance that feels like it's going to last forever.

Strongly recommended

stevebubs - 16/3/09 at 02:47 AM

Bosch, Siemens, AEG

All brands owned by Siemens....take from that what you will....

Macbeast - 16/3/09 at 07:37 AM

Just make sure you can get a cylinder head in :-)

MikeR - 16/3/09 at 07:50 AM

don't get a washer dryer - they have a reputation for not being robust.

I've got Zanussi - only broke once, when coke got spilt onto it and hte buttons stopped working, had them replaced and its been fine.

Before that it was the cheapo comet own brand (Beko?) which was a hand me down from the neighbours. Lasted 15 years in total.

Vindi_andy - 16/3/09 at 11:43 AM

Used to fix them for a living.

Would recommend any of the siemens products ie siemens or bosch, would also recommend meile

Steer away from new Servis although having said that wife had one for 2 years before I met her and it lasted another 8 years after that.