Board logo

Does anybody else think England should pack up and go home now!
sonic - 12/6/10 at 08:23 PM

Total and utter rubbish by over paid school boy's

I watched my son's team play in a tournament today and on balance i would play them against this England squad and put money on for them to win.

They should be ashamed to play football like they are,1-1 all and they are playing with no conviction and no desire to win the game at all,tip tapping around in there half. disgusting

r1bob - 12/6/10 at 08:27 PM

wat a bunch of over paid ponces, send them back before it get's embarrasing!

t16turbotone - 12/6/10 at 08:28 PM

truley awfull...

zilspeed - 12/6/10 at 08:28 PM

No no no.....

They should stay.

OX - 12/6/10 at 08:28 PM

It's been a while since i watched football ,,,,,and it didn't seem like i watched much tonight

Gordy - 12/6/10 at 08:34 PM

Thought Robert Green played well

D Beddows - 12/6/10 at 08:40 PM

Steady on - it's all about supporting some flag apparently..... the fact they're a bunch of seriously overpaid useless t*ssers is.............

mookaloid - 12/6/10 at 08:44 PM

Would members North of the border kindly mind their own business? I understand that they have nothing to do with this competition any more

mangogrooveworkshop - 12/6/10 at 08:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mookaloid
Would members North of the border kindly mind their own business? I understand that they have nothing to do with this competition any more

No they should stay in South Africa....for the rest of their lives. to teach the young of SOWETO how not to play footy

[Edited on 12-6-10 by mangogrooveworkshop]

fha772 - 12/6/10 at 08:51 PM

I don't follow football, all i know is, when England play in big competions like this, it cost me money.
Nobody comes out to visit Matlock-Bath on days like this, i'm here typing on this computer after being closed for 3 hours. Normally i would only just be closing on a nice June Saturday!!

The sooner the useless ar$es get knocked out, the better!!

My worst nightmare is, we actually make it to the final!! Win or lose, i'll still lose!!

big_wasa - 12/6/10 at 09:02 PM

went to the local auto factors for some crimps this afternoon.

They where bloody shut for staff training.
what a load of crap.

iscmatt - 12/6/10 at 09:15 PM

quote:
Originally posted by big_wasa
went to the local auto factors for some crimps this afternoon.

They where bloody shut for staff training.
what a load of crap.

haha

need4speed - 12/6/10 at 09:46 PM

Went for a curry only 2 other people in the place, never mind had great service and the curry was excellent not to mention the Cobra.

Roll on the Rugby season to start again, not over paid and 9 times out of 10 get back on the pitch after being stiched up or putting things back in the right place. Footballers would be in hospital for months if they ever strayed onto a rugby pitch.

scootz - 12/6/10 at 09:53 PM

Why would they 'pack up and go home now'?

Are they out of the competition? Did you really expect them to rip the yanks apart as per the media hype? Probably not as that would be misplaced arrogance surely!

I thought it was a nervy game (as WC Group openers usually are) and they only fell to a draw due to a freak goalkeeping mistake. Other than that, a reasonable performance against decent opposition.

OX - 12/6/10 at 10:06 PM

a decent game,, lol,,well it depends what you want to see in the world cup but to me the world cup means world class football ,the best of the best ,i want to see goals scored from 40yards away and ball control that makes you want to go out and practice in the garden,,,i want to see football that makes me go wow,like it did when i was a kid

MikeR - 12/6/10 at 10:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by OX
a decent game,, lol,,well it depends what you want to see in the world cup but to me the world cup means world class football ,the best of the best ,i want to see goals scored from 40yards away and ball control that makes you want to go out and practice in the garden,,,i want to see football that makes me go wow,like it did when i was a kid

Hmm, how does world class football and goals scored from 40 yards work? World class football includes excellent defending and amazing goal keeping - therefore 40 yard goals are VERY unlikely. I'd argue 1-0 scraped wins are more likely.

omega 24 v6 - 12/6/10 at 10:20 PM

Well I for one am totally confused. I thought that given the last few weeks hype that they had already won and the competition was past.

So are you saying they made themselves look like a bunch of twats?? If so they should stay and I'll watch the next game as I would like to see the prima donnas look like twats.

PS I hate all prima donna footy players.

franky - 12/6/10 at 10:27 PM

As someone who doesn't enjoy football even though I go to 100+match's a year with work I can't wait till they're out so the news can report on the real things going on in the world.

T Rex - 12/6/10 at 10:33 PM

I usually don't do Football, in my small minded opinion we in this country always want something we are crap at , What we are are Good at and have champion's Like Jenson Lewis, Rebecca Arlington and so on, doesn't seam to be celebrated as much by the great unwashed.
This Country, and our troops In Afghanistan need something to lift them up, and I think that if England Win the World Cup it would raise All our Spirits even If you don't care for Football or England because of what's coming from the government Very soon.

Strontium Dog - 13/6/10 at 09:33 AM

I know sod all about blokes kicking a pigs bladder round a field, but I do know the roads go quite when there is an England match on.

Keep up the good work chaps, when's the next match and where did I put my keys?

gottabedone - 13/6/10 at 09:52 AM

I agree with T Rex - we are great at so many other sports so why does our flag only come out every 4 years for the world cup I seems that this country is ashamed to be English ( or maybe had it beaten out of us in the name of equality)

sonic - 13/6/10 at 09:55 AM

So some people on here consider 10 over paid plonkers kicking a ball around in there own half with 15 mins to go at 1 all good football!!.

I don't even blame the goalkeeper,in my opinion there wouldnt have been a shot at goal if the defenders were not half asleep,the hole game the 2 strickers for the USA were pot shoting at goal and at half time i said it was only a matter of time before they scored.

Even the camera panned round the crowd to show England supporters waving there arms around willing them to attack the other half instead of kicking side to side and back to the goal keeper for most of the second half,they had given up when they kicked off in the second half.

We get a couple of oppertunities with one on one with the goal keeper and what do our superstars do! kick it straight at his body into his arms,fantastic skill/football lads!what about a chip,a dummy to fool the keeper a bit of Messi/Ronaldo skill no lets just pass it to him.

scootz - 13/6/10 at 10:07 AM

Blah... Blah... Blah...