Board logo

PROBLEM WITH iPHONE CAN ANYONE HELP!!!!
spiderman01980 - 25/7/10 at 08:09 PM

i can serf the web with it but for some reson there is no servive and cant make no phone calls but i can watch videos on youtube and stuff!!

jack_t - 25/7/10 at 08:11 PM

it will be using your wifi
turn it off and turn it back on again

jossey - 25/7/10 at 08:11 PM

do you have it in airplane mode?

what can you see at top left of screen?

dave j

spiderman01980 - 25/7/10 at 08:28 PM

wifi is off airplane mode is off!!
when i turn the phone on it comes up with ((waiting for activation this may take some time!!!)) top left displays (02-uk 3G) so it looks like it has service but no reception if that makes any sense!!

scottfraser - 25/7/10 at 08:31 PM

buy a nokia...........

graememk - 25/7/10 at 08:36 PM

did you get it new or 2nd hand ?

spiderman01980 - 25/7/10 at 08:38 PM

2nd hand!

quote:
Originally posted by graememk
did you get it new or 2nd hand ?

Danozeman - 25/7/10 at 08:39 PM

send it back a buy a decent phone.

paublo999 - 25/7/10 at 08:43 PM

Try switching it to 2g mode and see if you get a better signal.

Settings - general - network - click enable 3G to switch off.

If it still doesn't work on 2g even after hard reset then contact your provider.

Cheers

dazzx10r - 25/7/10 at 09:09 PM

throw it in the bin and buy an HTC Desire.

graememk - 25/7/10 at 09:15 PM

are you sure it hasnt been reported as stolen or missing in action.

caber - 25/7/10 at 11:08 PM

Have you got an O2 account? the phone is locked to O2. It is possible to jailbreak and unlock the phone with software. I did that to mine which I bought 2nd hand and it works a treat on Voda. Other way is to go and get an O2 account or PAYG sim for it. These are really good phones, all I can say to @scottfraser is N97, biggest rip off not working pile of cr@p ever to be on the phone market, I suffered one for 6 months until I got the iPhone

Caber

mangogrooveworkshop - 25/7/10 at 11:27 PM

Connect it to itunes on the pc to activate it

Ben_Copeland - 26/7/10 at 06:08 AM

Need to activate it on iTunes...... That's what you have to do when you get them new aswell.

iscmatt - 26/7/10 at 10:23 AM

if its an iphone 4 don't touch it while making calls

spiderman01980 - 26/7/10 at 05:13 PM

just got an o2 contract this weekend the sim only simplicity, it can download music on itunes and games and applications it just wont get reception, and i did have a nokia n70 and they are poo had it for 3yrs and from day 1 it messed up, 2 main things it did was not being able to get the menu up so would have to turn off and restart and when i was on pay and go trying to my credit up on screen, it would turn itself off and back on back to normal screen without me needin to put my pin in!!

quote:
Originally posted by caber
Have you got an O2 account? the phone is locked to O2. It is possible to jailbreak and unlock the phone with software. I did that to mine which I bought 2nd hand and it works a treat on Voda. Other way is to go and get an O2 account or PAYG sim for it. These are really good phones, all I can say to @scottfraser is N97, biggest rip off not working pile of cr@p ever to be on the phone market, I suffered one for 6 months until I got the iPhone

Caber

[Edited on 26-7-10 by spiderman01980]

Jasper - 27/7/10 at 11:55 AM

quote:
Originally posted by scottfraser
buy a nokia...........

Yeah, right, that's why the boss of Nokia is walking a tightrope at the moment as they've basically admitted they lost their market share as their phones are completely behind the times. I bought nothing but Nokia for 10 years, there's not a single phone in their range which would interest me any more.

I'll stick with my iPhone thanks Does everything I want it to do and more.

prawnabie - 27/7/10 at 04:47 PM

My friend had the same problem with a nokia they found in the back of a taxi he bought at auction. Turns out the owner had reported it as lost or stolen and the IMEI number had been blocked.

He looked into cloning the number from another phone but it is accompanied by jailtime.

spiderman01980 - 27/7/10 at 07:42 PM

i thought that might be the problem from day 1 but i dont understand how the o2 symbol still comes up and its able to download itunes and watch stuff on you tube!

quote:
Originally posted by prawnabie
My friend had the same problem with a nokia they found in the back of a taxi he bought at auction. Turns out the owner had reported it as lost or stolen and the IMEI number had been blocked.

He looked into cloning the number from another phone but it is accompanied by jailtime.