Board logo

Courier problems
cliftyhanger - 29/6/12 at 06:24 PM

Haven't had a courier problem for ages since I ditched P2G and went to interparcel.
However, Tuesday I sent some ebay parcels via interparcel using Yodel 48hr. Now realised my error

Anyway, one set of14" tyres, sent as 2 pairs to a chap in preston.
another pair of 15" tyres to Essex,

These have been up and down motorways all week from the tracking. And just got an email from the preston chappie saying he has a pair of 14" and a pair of 15" tyres been delivered. And Yodel have stuck incorrect labels over the ones I printed out and attached to the packages!
So the ones stuck "on paper" in essex and yet to be delivered are the 14" ones the preston chappie wants.
And the interparcel phonelines are shut until Monday
I have fired off an email to interparcel, but any advice before I get all overheated and do/say something silly??
i just get the feeling I may be losing £150 odd

steve m - 29/6/12 at 06:37 PM

Ive found yodel to be quite good, but you DID tick the insuance box ?

didnt you !

eddie99 - 29/6/12 at 06:46 PM

Interparcel are normally dead helpful however it tends to not be there fault. I dont use Yodel and use the more known brands and havent had any issues.

cliftyhanger - 29/6/12 at 07:10 PM

I should have avoided yodel. The first time I encountered them they "tried" delivering a parcel by shoving a failed delivery note through the letterbox, and then kept the parcel for 3 weeks. I eventually got a promise to deliver the nxt day, and tracking said "return to sender"
2 weeks later it arrived to my house.....

Confused but excited. - 29/6/12 at 08:35 PM

Even 'known brands' stuff up on occasion.
I waited in all day Tuesday for a parcel being delivered by City Link. when it didn't arrive I phoned them, only to be told my address was incorrect and they couldn't find it. It was correct and there is only 16 houses, duh. Then arranged for a Thursday delivery and aske d if the driver copuld phone me for directions and to give me an ETA, as I didn't want to waste another day. No probs was the reply.
Thursday at 11:30 I phoned again, as I had not heard from the driver and have loads to do. Guy says he will send the driver a message asking him to ring asap.
13:00 phone again as still not heard from delivery driver. Same reply.
14:25 van arrives. When I ask the driver; "Haven't you had any messages to phone me?". The reply I got was; "Yes but I don't get paid to make phone calls."
It all went down hill from there. . . .
All that crap for a £3.50 book form Amazon. Never again.

se7en - 29/6/12 at 11:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by steve m
Ive found yodel to be quite good, but you DID tick the insuance box ?

didnt you !

You must be one of the very rare people to say anything good about Yodel.

I ordered a few items from Amazon and when despatched Amazon gave me a tracking number. I followed the parcel from when it was picked-up to it got to the local hub. I knew then that the parcel should be delivered the next day. Sure enough the parcel was marked 'out for delivery' so I stayed at home waiting for it.

Come dinnertime (c. 6pm) I checked again and the tracking says 'delivery attempted' @ 5:03pm. I'm sitting here and there was no callers at the house - am I imagining things. I waited until the missus came back (c. 7:50pm) and I showed her the tracking information; it has changed again. This time it says 'out for delivery' @ 7:31pm and 'delivery attempted' @ 7:45pm - but I was here.

The next day the parcel finally arrived. When I questioned the driver (Eastern European) he says something like 'Im only covering for the guy usually on this route'.

The lesson learned from this is YODEL TELL LIES.

On checking through the Internet there are numerous bad reports of Yodel and their (non)deliveries.

Date______ Time_______ Location________ Event Details
28 Jun 2012 11:39:01 AM Belfast ANTRIM GB Delivered
28 Jun 2012 09:56:00 AM Belfast ANTRIM GB Out for delivery
27 Jun 2012 07:45:00 PM Belfast ANTRIM GB Delivery attempted
27 Jun 2012 07:31:00 PM Belfast ANTRIM GB Out for delivery
27 Jun 2012 05:03:00 PM Belfast ANTRIM GB Delivery attempted
27 Jun 2012 07:19:00 AM Belfast ANTRIM GB Out for delivery
26 Jun 2012 07:46:05 PM Belfast ANTRIM GB Arrival Scan
22 Jun 2012 12:01:00 AM Milton Keynes GB Shipment received by carrier
22 Jun 2012 07:46:00 PM Belfast ANTRIM GB Order has been handed over to the carrier and is in transit

[Edited on 29/6/12 by se7en]

cliftyhanger - 30/6/12 at 06:09 AM

This is the reply I had from the chap in Preston

quote:

hi mate, the ref number on the 15's is 926492901578 and bar code is 8B1100270728A006 its addressed to me, so will come up on their system as being right, but under the label that they have stuck on, i can defo see it says Essex, so they have tried to cover up their mistake by covering up the label that you put on. like i said, there is evidence of another label being on there, which they have wripped off, so the bleep up is defo their fault mate. aye bud, have a beer, and dont worry, i aint pissed off at you cheers

He seems to appreciate it isn't my fault and Yodel are incompetent or indeed trying to cover up!

What I want to know, is there any magic way of dealing with the courier, or rather interparcel with whom I have "the contract"?