Board logo

coolant temp map
chris666 - 10/1/11 at 06:00 PM

Has anyone got a picture of a coolant temp map for a mbe ecu model number967,Black top zetec.im suffering from high temp readings on easimap,and poor running from cold.the coolant temp is 90 c when the engines stone cold.
I would like it to compare to the map on my ecu.Failing that if i uploaded a pic of my map could anyone tell me if this is my problem.Regs Chris

paulf - 10/1/11 at 06:15 PM

Is the sensor the correct one and the connections ok?
Paul

quote:
Originally posted by chris666
Has anyone got a picture of a coolant temp map for a mbe ecu model number967,Black top zetec.im suffering from high temp readings on easimap,and poor running from cold.the coolant temp is 90 c when the engines stone cold.
I would like it to compare to the map on my ecu.Failing that if i uploaded a pic of my map could anyone tell me if this is my problem.Regs Chris

chris666 - 10/1/11 at 06:21 PM

I thing the sensor is the right one,its new,and 2 pin.has anyone got a picture of a sensor to compare?Apparently its a standard ford black top sensor.connections are fine.
Chris

paulf - 10/1/11 at 06:25 PM

Ford ones are an unusual value something like 27k ohms at 20c.Most ECU s use Bosch type ie vauxhall , Peugeot etc that are about 2.2k ohms, i would check its resistance with a meter and find what the ECU is set up for.
Paul.

chris666 - 10/1/11 at 06:31 PM

how do i find the resistance on the ecu?

Chris

paulf - 10/1/11 at 06:51 PM

It will be in the basic config set up , im not familiar with that set up as i use megasquirt.You need to measure the sensor with a multimeter.
Paul.

quote:
how do i find the resistance on the ecu?

Chris

robocog - 10/1/11 at 09:10 PM

Don't know about blacktops , but on the silvertop theres 2 sensors for coolant in the plastic stat housing
(1 for ECU and 1 for gauge)

Regards
Rob

chris666 - 10/1/11 at 09:22 PM

any idea what colour the ecu temp sensor is?part numbers would be great!

Chris

paulf - 11/1/11 at 09:12 PM

No but im fairly sure that it is a standard Bosch one used on most continental cars eg Peugeot , BMW , Opel . Citroen etc.
You need to know the resistance required at 20c and check the spec.
Paul

quote:
any idea what colour the ecu temp sensor is?part numbers would be great!

Chris