Board logo

Dgas on Zetec Jetting
ahunt - 24/7/11 at 06:12 PM

Hello,

Ive looked everywhere (forums and google) for people who have put the 38 DGAS on zetecs but i can seem to find anyone whos asked about jetting them.

Im running a silvertop 2ltr on megajolt and found a rolling road map for the jolt. Everythings running but not very well. if you "put your foot down" quickly it just bogs right down and cuts out. The jets that are in it are 185mains and 185airs and idles 50's

Just wondered if anyone on here has a similar set up and could share there jetting set up.

Thanks

JacksAvon - 24/7/11 at 06:54 PM

I would suggedt getting rid of the dgas, never designed for a zetec.

As you are running megjolt, just find some bike carbs and manifold. Cheaper than weber 45's

And no more dgas

austin man - 24/7/11 at 07:08 PM

I have a set of 40s on manifold for the zetec already Jetted if your interested

ahunt - 24/7/11 at 08:08 PM

Most of the F2 stock cars use them and bangers. i spent 170 quid on a cast manifold designed for the converson. Ive got 2 sets of bike carbs that i had on there but can never get them running properly so i thought ill just stick to a carb off a car. So now ive spent the wonger on it i might aswell get it running better for now anyway

segan2b - 24/7/11 at 08:12 PM

On a Pinto the DGAS runs well with 145-155 mains.
I cannot see the Zetec needing a richer mix and the symptoms sound like over-fueling. Try 145 mains then test with a Lambda or get yourself to a rolling road. Good luck, I would be interested to know how the Zetec performs with a DGAS jetted to suit!

ahunt - 24/7/11 at 08:15 PM

Okay thanks. Ive read a few people using 145's on the pintos but just thought they may be slightly different. Ill buy some and see how it goes.

JacksAvon - 24/7/11 at 08:59 PM

http://nw.rhocar.org/38_dgas.htm

The above from the north west robin hood owners club