Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: traffic wardens......idiots
adithorp

posted on 7/1/10 at 01:44 PM Reply With Quote
Removing your notes is out of order as is booking them in the first place given the conditions... unless they are causing an obstruction; in which case they should be booked.

The Aldi store next door to my workshop had a digger in this morning clearing the car park. As he left he offered to clear my yard but when he took a look at it said it probably wouldn't help much, given that it was pretty well packed down. So I said no problem, but is there any chance of clearing the snow from the side of the road. It was down to one lane because of the build up. He cleared the lot. Within 1 hour 3 cars had parked on it. None of them within 4 feet of the curb so back to one lane. An hour later an Ambulance arrived (blue lights on) at the doctors surgury opposite and couldn't get in the car park because of them (its on a slope and he needed to get a square run at it).

Should those cars be booked?
(it is a double yellow under the snow coating)

Personally I think they should be shoved out of the way with a snow plough. It's not like there isn't any other parking. There's the Aldi (1+1/2hour free) a council car park (also cleared) next to that and the doctor surgery car park.

adrian

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

donny

posted on 7/1/10 at 01:49 PM Reply With Quote
Very amusing and I too am keen to hear the outcome.
They're not all the same...
a few years ago my audi packed in on a busy street in Edinburgh on double red lines in the morning (I think red means they get the bomb disposal squad in). I feared the worst when a police traffic warden approached. However imagine my surprise when he not only helped push the car down a side street - which has ticket parking - then phoned in to make sure I wasn't bothered for a few hours while I got the AA out. I didn't need to buy a parking ticket either. A good guy all round. It was the rotor arm that had gone phut.

Cheers,
Donny.

eznfrank

posted on 7/1/10 at 02:09 PM Reply With Quote
Whilst I'm no solicitor, I do have a reasonable understanding of law (I'm an Investigator in my day job) and IMO you have done nothing wrong what-so-ever and have nothing to fear.

You made the video in a public place which is fine as long as it was not on behalf of a public body such as the police, council etc.

You offered advice to those concerned and your advice did not constitute a perverison of the course of justice as you gave them actual facts (as opposed to telling them to lie for example).

Just for the record I've not got my books out or done any research but IMO you've done nothing wrong.

Danozeman

posted on 7/1/10 at 04:19 PM Reply With Quote
Let the bloke rot. I wanna see the video!!!! They think they have far more power than they have!

The road up to my work is on a hill in a new housing estate. With the snow and ice the residents have been parked at the bottom which are double yellows leaving hardly any space to get trucks and big vans through to get into our yard. Now them knowing what goes up and down that road i wouldnt want to park there just incase a truck slid and hit my car. We reported it to the plod who said theyd pass in on to the traffic wardens. but as f yet nothings been done but a few cars HAVE been hit and they still park there!!!

Dan

Built the purple peril!! Let the modifications begin!!

http://www.eastangliankitcars.co.uk

gottabedone

posted on 7/1/10 at 06:41 PM Reply With Quote
If you post the video on here we promise not to tell anyone
NigeEss

posted on 7/1/10 at 07:45 PM Reply With Quote
Nice one Skinned,

I hope it was the winker who gave me a ticket in Birkenhead a few months ago.
I was woking in a dentists so parked the van completely off the road on a very wide
pavement (15ft wide) so not causing an obstruction and put a note in the window
explaining why/where I was etc. Got a ticket for parking on double yellows (which I
actually wasn't).
Nearest "proper" place to park was 15yds away round the corner and renowned for
theft. Park a van full of tools there ? No firkiling way.

Appeal was rejected too.

skinned knuckles

posted on 8/1/10 at 10:55 AM Reply With Quote
the solicitor has asked that i don't post the vid anywhere yet as he wants the warden to deny removing my printouts during the appeals. once he has denied it, the video will be produced as evidence and the warden will be ripped to shreds by the authorities (or at least thats the plan)

once its all done and dusted i will stick the vid ond the photos on Utube for all to see

as a side not, the cars were not causing an obstruction or a hazard of any kind and at least 3 of the drivers didn't know the area or that there were yellows there at all, and yes i manages to speak to all of them before they left and told them what was happening and how to appeal the notices

[Edited on 8/1/10 by skinned knuckles]

A man isn't complete until he's married, then he's finished

PaulBuz

posted on 8/1/10 at 02:51 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Danozeman
Let the bloke rot. I wanna see the video!!!! They think they have far more power than they have!

In the wardens defense, you must remember that the spotty, little nerdy, pleb, was most probably bullied mercilessly at school.

He silently vowed that one day he would have his revenge on the society that so cruelly taunted him.

Each morning now, the cretin dons his "uniform of power" & skulks around in side streets, seeking to reek his revenge!

ATB
Paul

Ninehigh

posted on 9/1/10 at 10:40 PM Reply With Quote
Broken down is different to parked as you didn't stop there of your own accord. I've argued with traffic wardens that I'm not parked on the basis that my handbrake isn't on and the engine's running. I usually then roll a bit to prove the point. Never works though even when I told them to ring the council...

I don't see how you could get into trouble for saying "I think you've been a bit hard done by here mate, here's why and how you appeal." It's not like you're showing them how to get off scot free for the sake of it.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.