Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Am I missing something?
MikeRJ

posted on 8/10/10 at 11:06 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty
The middle aged cyclist remembered a time when you had rights, there were rules for all without fear or favour (remember that phrase?), you didn't lie and were allowed to disagree with the police.

He might have remembered this, but he didn't practice it did he? He denied all the offences he was clearly caught on camera doing, failed to stop, lied about not drinking, gave the officers a load of abuse and then refused to give his name and address.

If this cretin had managed to control his mouth and attitude then chances are he would have got away with a warning. In this case he absolutely deserved everything he got IMO.

[Edited on 8/10/10 by MikeRJ]

adithorp

posted on 8/10/10 at 12:57 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty
The middle aged cyclist remembered a time when you had rights, there were rules for all without fear or favour (remember that phrase?), you didn't lie and were allowed to disagree with the police.

You mean the rules about riding through red lights, lights on his bike, riding on the pavement and stopping when requested by police? He didn't seem to remember them.
The Police offered him a summonds to apear in court but he refused to give his name (his right) so they then have to arrest him. Do you suggest he has the right to just walk away from the offences?
If he'd just stopped, got of his bike and said "sorry officer, hic, it was a stupid thing to do, hic, I'll walk instead, hic." he'd have been on his way.

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

zetec mike

posted on 8/10/10 at 02:57 PM Reply With Quote
I think "Precious" or was it Primrose got off too lightly, but think matey had a few too many Stella Actatwats and ended up with the result he wanted. The obvious answer to his question "havent you got anything better to do" is probably yes. If he hadnt reacted the way he did he would be nearly £1000 better off, we the taxpayers wouldnt of had to fund the costs of bringing this case to court, and the 2 police officers would of been on there way to harrass more inoccent cyclists.
JoelP

posted on 8/10/10 at 07:56 PM Reply With Quote
primrose should have had a slap for that. There were 12 points of offenses there (insurance, license, kid with no seatbelt), as well as hindering the copper by lying.

That guy doing a powerslide on the bike got 3 months in jail!

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

Ninehigh

posted on 9/10/10 at 08:26 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by zetec mike
The obvious answer to his question "havent you got anything better to do" is probably yes.

I've heard them say things like that, when they get invited to "go and catch some real criminals" by the guy with no insurance, MOT or licence Mr Plod often responds with "I would but first I've got to deal with you, you t!t"

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.