Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Brake 4 and 3 way leaking issues, how do i stop the leaks?
ShaunB

posted on 24/12/10 at 11:32 PM Reply With Quote
Following on from britishtrident I once tried a union that was too short to push the pipe flare onto the union seat but in this case it was pretty obvious as I could push/pull the pipe in/out about 1mm. A longer union sorted it. I wonder if your unions are bottoming out just before they are able to apply sufficient pressure to seal the joint - how much thread can you see when they are done up?

Shaun.

The Venom Project

posted on 26/12/10 at 07:55 PM Reply With Quote
I had the longer ones, so lots of thread left showing, well at least 4-5 threads anyway, I can only put it down to poo fittings, as although some people have had the same issue, its quite clear that others haven't.

I think I will go for all Brass this time, and take my fittings and calipers etc to my local garage to make sure they are done right.

I don't need many anyway, I need 2 x front ones, and one from front to the rear wheel, so I only need a 4 way at the front as its a reverse trike.

Cheers

Nick

It's not that i'm lazy, it's that I just don't care.....

chris666

posted on 28/12/10 at 10:24 AM Reply With Quote
Under what criteria could the mot tester fail the ptfe tape?.As far is i know if there is no leaks,and the performance is met, there is no reason for a fail.I had a similar problem on my brake pipes.it was all down to a poor flare and overtightening of the union.

Chris

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.