Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Still overheating... I despare!
David Jenkins

posted on 24/10/08 at 07:16 PM Reply With Quote
Do you know anyone with an infra-red remote temperature sensor? I know that you have a gizmo on your multimeter, but the hand-held remote temp thingies are really useful for zipping around and checking temps here there and everywhere. I got mine from Maplins when they had a sale on - cost around £19, I think. I've used mine for checking the temp near the temp sensor, along the pipework and at the top and bottom of the rad. Also good for checking exhaust manifold temps (to check that they're all the same), and measuring the temp across the tyres after a fast run (good way to check if the load is even across the tyre, i.e. the tyre pressure is OK).

As for the temps your getting - my x-flow runs at 90 degrees when moving at a decent speed, rising to around 100 degrees when sitting in traffic queues. I don't reckon that your temps are far wrong.

MikeRJ

posted on 24/10/08 at 08:07 PM Reply With Quote
Have you got ducting to force the air from the grill through the radiator rather than around it?
austin man

posted on 24/10/08 at 08:18 PM Reply With Quote
sorry if I missed another post an ailock could cause a sudden rise in tem on acceleration brother in law had it on his 2 litre zetec the airlock was in the thermostat housing same place ase the temp sender. Airlock = steam = false reading quick reblead of the system and voila temperature spot on, other than that could be faulty sender
tegwin

posted on 25/10/08 at 12:27 PM Reply With Quote
Chears for the input guys...

I fitted some cardboard baffles around the radiator....took the car out...and once up to temp it sat around 87 degrees for the entire trip....

It is only 10 degrees outside....but thats quite an improvement....

Need to re-fit the fan and make the baffles out of something more appropriate than cardboard!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would the last person who leaves the country please switch off the lights and close the door!

www.verticalhorizonsmedia.tv

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.