Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Scott oilers
r1_manx

posted on 4/6/09 at 09:33 AM Reply With Quote
Scott oilers

I'm looking at fitting a 'Scott Oiler' to my bike engined mini build, I have heard they are a great bit of kit for increasing chain/sprocket life and relatively easy to fit and maintain. Has anyone on here had experience with these? if so, hoe good are they and can you recommend any particular model of oiler?

Cheers

Ben

If im not in action, im in traction!

afj

posted on 4/6/09 at 09:39 AM Reply With Quote
had one on my first bike a gpz500 and i never had to adjust the chain in 3 years and 15000 miles but it was a little messy ,the rear wheel rim was always covered in a black oily dusty sticky mess recommeded on a bike at least

eerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Mr Whippy

posted on 4/6/09 at 10:32 AM Reply With Quote
will be fitting one to my bike as the chain seems to need very frequent oiling. Looked at it this morning before taking it out and the chain needs tightening already, god its not even done 1k yet!

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
myeates

posted on 4/6/09 at 10:32 AM Reply With Quote
fitted one on my bike after the first chain went at 7000miles and second chain lasted 21000 miles well worth every penny
Dangle_kt

posted on 4/6/09 at 10:59 AM Reply With Quote
great bit of kit, just watch you dont over oil the chain or it throws oil all over, which is messy in a car but dangerous on a bike tyre!
v8kid

posted on 4/6/09 at 12:41 PM Reply With Quote
I think they are bringing a new electronically controlled version on to the market which only oils the chain on demand.

Don't ask me how it works but my pals son just got his PHD for designing it!!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
r1_manx

posted on 4/6/09 at 09:07 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers for all your opinions on this guys, I have just found the information on the new scott oiler e system...check out the video of it on here,

http://www.scottoiler.com/esystem.asp

Comes with a touch screen where you can adjust the oil flow rate, monitor ambient temperature and check oil level.

A bit overkill in my opinion but I will probably end up buying it for my build as i love gadgets and it will save me taking my flip front off frequently to check oil level. I guess the more feedback data you can receive from your car's working systems the better.

If im not in action, im in traction!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.