Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Waiting for DVLA inspection
Tinks1

posted on 27/7/09 at 12:36 PM Reply With Quote
Waiting for DVLA inspection

Waiting for DVLA inspection keep playing phone tag....

What does the inspection actually cover as i find it difficult to understand what they can inspect that the SVA guys did'nt already do.

On another conflicting issue do I need an MOT..?

blakep82

posted on 27/7/09 at 12:38 PM Reply With Quote
no no no don't get an mot!

er, good question though, why can't iva man do it? hmmm

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

nick205

posted on 27/7/09 at 12:42 PM Reply With Quote
They can't and don't inspect anything that VOSA/SVA hasn't already checked. As the DVLA is seperate from VOSA they feel the have to make their own checks on chasis and engine no.s etc in order to regsiter the car. From experience it takes them about 6 minutes to do the check and complete the paperwork then a few more minutes to chat about the car f they're interested (my inspector could not have cared less and was a miserable git).

On the MoT question, no you DON'T need to have the car MoT'd. Nor should it need MoT'ing until it's been on the road 3 years although this seems to be a bone of contention when trying to re-tax the car online.

spdpug98

posted on 27/7/09 at 12:52 PM Reply With Quote
They really only want to check that you have the correct chassis numbers displayed and engine number, if you are trying to get a current registration mark then they do look at the car in a bit more detail - well they did with mine

My Blog: http://spdpug98.wordpress.com/

belgian2b

posted on 27/7/09 at 02:21 PM Reply With Quote
Hello,

i had my inspection done.

The guy wrote the engine and chassis number, and filled the document with origin of the parts .
I had to sign it and it was done in 3 minutes.

It took him more time to come home thenn to fill his document !!

Gerardo

joemotion

posted on 27/7/09 at 03:32 PM Reply With Quote
i had mine on thursday and they just checked the Vin on the plate and stamped onto chassis. They asked about the engine number but i said it had been refurbished so there wasnt one on. With regard to the rest of the parts from the donor all she asked was if they were off the donor - no actual checking and was over in 5 mins. Tax and age related plate details arrived 2 days later so just waiting on my plates arriving now!
AdrianH

posted on 27/7/09 at 04:23 PM Reply With Quote
I have a DVLA inspection tomorrow, this is to give me a VIN number before I go for IVA,.

This to hopefully stop me making up home made VIN number and it not matching european regs of sumat!.

I should have received a confirmation letter saying what I need to take, so guess something like donor V5, driving licence photo ID, build diary etc.

Adrian

Why do I have to make the tools to finish the job? More time then money.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.