Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: bloody coppers!
mad_dogpompey

posted on 15/8/09 at 09:29 PM Reply With Quote
bloody coppers!

yeh had my appeal against conviction yesterday for using a mobile phone whilst driving. if you remember i was actually scratching the side of my bloody face! first police officer rattled on for ten minutes in the witness stand that he had clearly seen me from the passengers seat and as a passenger in the car he had a perfect view. after a few minutes of this my barrister pointed out that he was actually the driver of the vehicle what a dick head! then the second driver who stated both in his statement and in the magistrates court he d clearly seen a phone in my hand changed his mind to say he believed it was a phone in my hand! and funny old thing the two magistrates are puppets on a string and the judge running it still believed the bloody coppers! what a complete waste of time. spent 1300 in legal fees pushing a principle!!! hate is a strong word but i feel that way to pretty much all coppers now!!! makes me anoyed with the 1000 pounds in tax i pay every month! i know i ll get some replies to this that all coppers aren t like that! but thats not gonna convince me! what a complete bunch of total bloody t@%$ssers! so top tip don t scratch your face whilst driving!
blakep82

posted on 15/8/09 at 09:36 PM Reply With Quote
jesus, talk about incompetant. how can the driver give a 10 minute speech about how he was the passenger, and the barrister point out he was wrong, and still be believed by the judge. f*** sake

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

200mph

posted on 15/8/09 at 09:39 PM Reply With Quote
isn't there a fairly simple way of determining the phone wasn't in use at the relevant point in time?

If it isn't broke, fix it until it is

mookaloid

posted on 15/8/09 at 09:42 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 200mph
isn't there a fairly simple way of determining the phone wasn't in use at the relevant point in time?

my thoughts too

"That thing you're thinking - it wont be that."

BigFaceDave

posted on 15/8/09 at 09:51 PM Reply With Quote
And I thought i was hard done by getting done for speeding doing a average of 53 in a 50 over 1/2 mile stretch (timed between 2 point by 2 unmarked cars) at 3am even though it was a 60 limit but i was in a sprinter (so limit is 50 instead despite it being a brand new van with all the safety features yet a old morris minor or something with drum brakes all round is aloud to do 60).£60 and 3 points later and i realise why people have such a hatred for the police, dont want to sound like every other person but why were there 2 unmarked cars hidden at 3am trying to catch speeders (even 3mph over the limit) when surely there are people being murdered,mugged, raped,attacked,burgled etc etc and yet when some thieving scum broke into my shed to steal my bike (turned the light on and moved the bike so there would have been plenty of fingerprints) they just said sorry we dont have anyone available! Rant over! (for now at least)
mad_dogpompey

posted on 15/8/09 at 09:56 PM Reply With Quote
bloody coppers!

yeh thats exactely what happened! bloody scum. had my phone records which only show out going calls. the indepth mobile info wasn t applied for intime by the police and at the time they didn t botherbecause it was two coppers words against mine. bloody total scum!!!!! i have no issues with naming and shaming pc harper and pc mason both hampshire constab. and the really worrying thing both fire arms officers so all i can be thankfull is that the idiots didn t think i had a gun in my hand or i d be joing the poor brazilian john charles demenzis! judges and magistrates will always take their word over ours!!!! no matter how much crap they are talking!!!
l0rd

posted on 15/8/09 at 10:07 PM Reply With Quote
Can't you appeal?
liam.mccaffrey

posted on 15/8/09 at 10:09 PM Reply With Quote
why couldn't you just show the officers your phone at the time.

Does your phone not show the time of all incoming and out going calls??

They can be buggers though, I got stopped for "appearing to conceal items in my lap on sight of a police car", I should have said what i was really doing, scratching my nuts!!

Build Blog
Build Photo Album

dave1888

posted on 15/8/09 at 10:19 PM Reply With Quote
You've no chance if theres 2 coppers against you they will lie thru there teeth, Because if they get found out there in big trouble. I've been to court 20 years ago for the theft of a welding rod yes only 1. Got let of with it mind you but the judge was gunning for the copper.

mad_dogpompey

posted on 15/8/09 at 10:33 PM Reply With Quote
offered to show the coppers my phone they said they could because that would be an illegal search! they then denied that in court! trust me i got a shit hot barrister who tore them to shreds! and the judge still sided with the coppers! this was the appeal already found guilty in the magistrates! my little one had a play police outfit for xmas first job of the day was to get that thing in the bin! all i ll say is if you get stopped think about every word you say because they ll use it against you! don t sign their pocket note book if they ask! request indepth phone records straight away. and from now on my phone is going in the boot of the car when i drive! am actually in the armed forces and when asked if i had anything to say before they gave me the fine i told the judge that this was the first time i was ashamed to be british and i was ashamed to have shed blood for it! probably why the fine went up an extra 100! but think i was entitled to sound of!
miikae

posted on 15/8/09 at 10:44 PM Reply With Quote
If that had happened to me i would certainly get my brief to obtain all the phone records and go all out to discredit the pair of them, as they are totally out of order and a total disgrace to there profesion.

Mike

If it can be done it i will be done .

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
mad_dogpompey

posted on 15/8/09 at 10:53 PM Reply With Quote
was to late to get the records, the phone companies don t keep them long enough! trust me my barrister made them look idiots! but the judge still sided with them! one insisted he was the driver for 5 minutes. i thought we d won then but nope. all i can say is i do believe in karma so just hope something really nasty happens to them in the near future!
l0rd

posted on 15/8/09 at 10:53 PM Reply With Quote
I believe you can sue the police officers for perjury under oath.
You could do another appeal higher than the magistry's court.

mad_dogpompey

posted on 15/8/09 at 11:02 PM Reply With Quote
this one was an appeal to the crown court after conviction in the magistrates court. next place to appeal is to the court of appeal. can t really take a risk appealing further because if i loose it ll be a shed load more cash gone! looking into making a complaint with the ipcc against the coppers involved. if that goes works might see what happens! i do like the idea of some civil action the 50 50 purdon of proof is far more atractive!
l0rd

posted on 15/8/09 at 11:07 PM Reply With Quote
All i can say is ALL THE BEST.

Hampsire po is shite.

If i was you though, i would try to sue the police officers and ask compensation from the PD for their incompetence.

Mr Whippy

posted on 16/8/09 at 01:06 AM Reply With Quote
Well from personal experience of police lying to bring charges, all I'll say is fit an in car camera like my T-eye recorder otherwise face ending up in court.

One tip is don't tell them its fitted till they have made their official statement. That way its far worse for them when the truth comes out

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
scootz

posted on 16/8/09 at 03:28 AM Reply With Quote
How long ago did the 'alleged' offence happen?
nitram38

posted on 16/8/09 at 05:49 AM Reply With Quote
I got stopped at 3am for going through a red light. The lights actually jam on red regularly. I waited 5 mins before proceeding.
The cop car (with one head light out) followed me and stopped me.
I have a T-eye recorder in my car which records forward view/rear view, sound, gps position, speed and any G-forces on 3 axis.
When I was stopped, I informed the copper he was being recorded.
I explained the lights situation and after the usual checks was sent on my way.
I am pretty sure that had I not had the recorder, then I would have been given a fixed penalty and points.
I know that it is no consolation, but the T-eye would have proved your innocence.
Mine was bought after I had an accident in 2005 where someone jumped the lights, but in the county court he lied through his teeth.
Cost me £293 from cpc farnell, but now worth every penny.
Incidently, the next morning the same cop car had it's headlight out. If it had been you or me and you got stopped again, it would have been points and a fine.
The world isn't just, so it sometimes pays to protect yourself in advance.

Benzine

posted on 16/8/09 at 07:10 AM Reply With Quote
The modern police have swung away from upholding common law to enforcing money-making statutes.

The mental gymnastics a landlord will employ to justify immoral actions is clinically fascinating. Just because something is legal doesn't make it moral.

Ninehigh

posted on 16/8/09 at 09:08 AM Reply With Quote
Didn't your solicitor make the case that if the copper doesn't know he's driving how the hell can he spot a phone that's 1.5" by 3" in your hand? How can a judge side with someone that is obviously lacking detail? This should be taken with you if/when you decide to appeal it again.

I plug my phone into the radio and listen to the music off it.. Can't make a phone call or it'll screech like mad with the feedback... Probably no defence there either...

mad_dogpompey

posted on 16/8/09 at 10:02 AM Reply With Quote
i had the services of a poo hot barrister who came from london down to portsmouth he mentioned all of the above. the judge still went with them!!! the first copper was shitting himself on the stand the second copper left the court and one of my witness s could see them kick a bin up the road!!!! its a bloody joke!!! i can t risk appealing it further because after this i haven t even got the train money to get to the high court! i am gonna get the transcripts and take it to the ipcc!!!!! if the first copper had of said i thought i could see a mobile phone in the magistrates court as he did in the crown court appeal i wouldn t of got convicted. if the ipcc uphold that complaint i ll take civil action simple! all i can say is the copper is the same age as me and i sure at somepoint our paths will cross!
mad_dogpompey

posted on 16/8/09 at 10:04 AM Reply With Quote
oh ps build is on hold now for a bit till the cash flow sorts itself out! shame as could of got a decent zx12r install for the cash i ve used here!
Ninehigh

posted on 16/8/09 at 10:20 AM Reply With Quote
Is a shame really, hopefully they'll get theirs in the end..

rf900rush

posted on 16/8/09 at 10:45 AM Reply With Quote
Sorry to here of your troubles.

Had a simular experience of our justice system many years back.

Just gave up in the end.

You could always become a MP. Then claim back all your costs on expenses.

Better still put a bill in for a ZX12R engine as a decorative piece of furnature.

Richard Quinn

posted on 16/8/09 at 10:45 AM Reply With Quote
My missus was done for whatever the "handheld device" offence is last year. The coppers asked her for her mobile number and then rang it from theirs to verify the number. They then asked for the network so that they could get the call records if she decided to appeal. This sounds much more like the "correct procedure" than you have experienced.
One of the issues with the English legal system is Magistrates Courts. I have been 3 times with work and it is apparent that they just nod in agreement with everyone as though they understand what is being said and then just make a random decision. Of course, if the police are involved then the Magistrates, being Joe Public, don't want to make an enemy of them.
In hindsight, choosing to fight it at Magistrates was always going to be an uphill struggle and, although it is absolutely no use now, perhaps you should have let the Magistrates run its course and then taken it higher and thrown the money at it then. At least "proper" judges don't seem to mind upsetting the plod.
If you can take it to the IPCC then do it!

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.