Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: ZX10 wiring
BobM

posted on 23/8/10 at 02:09 PM Reply With Quote
ZX10 wiring

Anyone know how to simulate the tip-over switch on the ZX10 (2007 motor)? I could always fix the actual switch to the car but neater to use a resistor if possible.
dan__wright

posted on 23/8/10 at 02:34 PM Reply With Quote
yeah, i will post info shortley, i havent actualy done it but its on my to do list (currently re-wiring the whole lot) its something like 3k Ohms and 13 K ohms in a voltage divider

it also looks like it will still work ip you pop it open, remove the disk from the inside and it should work any way up.

FREE THE ROADSTER ONE…!!

Flamez

posted on 23/8/10 at 02:45 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BobM
Anyone know how to simulate the tip-over switch on the ZX10 (2007 motor)? I could always fix the actual switch to the car but neater to use a resistor if possible.

The small switch looks quite neat IMHO

my build mac1motorsports

jossey

posted on 23/8/10 at 03:30 PM Reply With Quote
http://locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=141054
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
dan__wright

posted on 23/8/10 at 03:37 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jossey

i wish the wiring was that simple! thats the old carbed version, the 06/07 is dfi and has tons of extra bits to worry about.

FREE THE ROADSTER ONE…!!

zilspeed

posted on 23/8/10 at 04:11 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dan__wright
quote:
Originally posted by jossey

i wish the wiring was that simple! thats the old carbed version, the 06/07 is dfi and has tons of extra bits to worry about.

Ye olde ZX10 really is quite simple, isn't it ?

dazzx10r

posted on 23/8/10 at 07:33 PM Reply With Quote
I have the original owners manual for 04/05 and 06/07 on cd if you need a copy, they have good in depth wiring diagrams on there and tell you how to use the clocks on board diagnostics.
BobM

posted on 23/8/10 at 08:22 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dazzx10r
I have the original owners manual for 04/05 and 06/07 on cd if you need a copy, they have good in depth wiring diagrams on there and tell you how to use the clocks on board diagnostics.

Thanks for that - I have the workshop manual with that info in it, I hadn't realised it gives the specs of the voltage output for the switch - it's all in the FI section and I was looking in the electrical bit. Turns out the ECU's looking for 0.65-1.35V on the yellow/green wire.

I'm presuming I can't access the on-board diagnostics without the clocks (which I don't have)?

Not very Locost but very BEC

dazzx10r

posted on 24/8/10 at 10:35 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BobM
quote:
Originally posted by dazzx10r

Thanks for that - I have the workshop manual with that info in it, I hadn't realised it gives the specs of the voltage output for the switch - it's all in the FI section and I was looking in the electrical bit. Turns out the ECU's looking for 0.65-1.35V on the yellow/green wire.

I'm presuming I can't access the on-board diagnostics without the clocks (which I don't have)?

No mate, the clocks read a sereies of pulses, which you count out to give you a fault code, but i'm sure someone will have come up with a locost solution to reading the codes without the clocks, check out zx10r.net there may be more info on there for you.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.