Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Twisted cycle wings
chris666

posted on 29/10/10 at 10:32 AM Reply With Quote
Twisted cycle wings

ive just got my carbon modz front cycle wings out of storage,and one of them has twisted out of shape.is this normal for carbon fibre?
The next question is can i untwist it by applying heat or will it damage the cycle wing?
Cheers
Chris

twybrow

posted on 29/10/10 at 11:15 AM Reply With Quote
It is unlikely that heat will halp you, as the resin is a thermoset, not a thermoplastic. If they are warped, unless you have stored them badly then the layup (the design) is probably dodgy. I would ring them and ask them to exchange them for another pair. If they won't ask them for the layup (the order and stacking sequence of the layers), and I will tell you if that is the problem!
chris666

posted on 29/10/10 at 11:39 AM Reply With Quote
the other problem is i got them from stonleigh last year!and just got around to fitting them.
Peteff

posted on 29/10/10 at 05:57 PM Reply With Quote
If the twist comes out by hand will the bracket hold them in the correct position so they look symmetrical when they are on the car?

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

andrew-theasby

posted on 29/10/10 at 09:22 PM Reply With Quote
one of them is a member on here i believe, might be worth a u2u if you dont get anywhere. Not been on for a while though. link

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.