Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Multi function gauges
RazMan

posted on 21/11/10 at 12:18 AM Reply With Quote
Multi function gauges

Anyone seen these?
KIT CAR 6 IN 1 LCD GAUGE OIL PRESSURE WATER TEMP VOLT on eBay (end time 23-Nov-10 15:13:39 GMT)

I am considering one but there doesn't appear to be any dimensions mentioned.

[Edited on 21-11-10 by RazMan]

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
owelly

posted on 21/11/10 at 12:45 AM Reply With Quote
It would probably look a bit tacky in a nice car and you'd have to have a seperate speedo but I'm seriously thinking about one for my car!

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
RK

posted on 21/11/10 at 02:02 AM Reply With Quote
i would have bought that ahead of the digidash I did buy. that looks very nice indeed.
will121

posted on 21/11/10 at 08:36 AM Reply With Quote
as owelly said above think it would look a bit strange with a separate speedo on a road car, but wish i has seen that before for my track car, spent nearly that much on just a digital oil and water temp gauge, and it comes with oil pressure sender too! now stuck with do i ask father christmas for one and sell the others??
doddy

posted on 21/11/10 at 09:17 AM Reply With Quote
i have been looking at this one
http://youraccount.ekmpowershop9.com/ekmps/shops/vmaxbitz/new-db02r-with-universal-indicator-kit-120-p.asp

MikeRJ

posted on 21/11/10 at 10:35 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RazMan
I am considering one but there doesn't appear to be any dimensions mentioned.

From the pictures showing the accessories it looks about the size of a widescreen satnav, probably not much more than 5" wide and 3" tall. Why not ask the seller? And tell him "Aggressive gauges" is a silly name

nitram38

posted on 21/11/10 at 10:40 AM Reply With Quote
Personally, I'd talk to Russ Bost about his Dash units. His have far more functions like a fuel guage and speedo too.

RazMan

posted on 21/11/10 at 11:22 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by will121
...spent nearly that much on just a digital oil and water temp gauge,

That's what I have been looking for when I came across this one. TBH I just wanted to put important gauges in a more prominent position because my Evodash has a dual function water temp / oil pressure gauge and you have to press a button to switch them over which is a bit inconvenient. The idea of putting water temp, oil temp & pressure and battery into one gauge would suit me very well - I don't need the rpm part and I might even blank it out. I reckon if it was flush mounted into my centre console it wouldn't look too tacky especially if the plastic surround was repainted to match the car.

What gauge did you end up with Will?

[Edited on 21-11-10 by RazMan]

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

austin man

posted on 21/11/10 at 01:51 PM Reply With Quote
I have the acewell 3250 with the surround it has speedo, tacho. shift light temp fuel, time average time max speed etc still fitted some additional gauges

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

RazMan

posted on 22/11/10 at 11:28 PM Reply With Quote
Just got a reply from the seller - the unit is 150 x 80 x 20. Quite a thick unit but if it was flush mounted with just the LCD part showing (and some holes for the buttons) it might look good.

Are there any other alternatives? - I ideally need oil temp, oil pressure, water temp and volt gauges.

Cheers,
Raz

RK

posted on 23/11/10 at 01:00 AM Reply With Quote
There is always the ETB digidash 2 which looks good. nice piece of equipment but I haven't put it in the car yet. seems to do everything you'd ever want (or everything I would want).
RazMan

posted on 23/11/10 at 08:38 AM Reply With Quote
Obviously a very nice piece of kit but I already have my Evodash and just need the auxilliary gauges. I could use the normal 52mm pods but they wouldn't suit my dash very well.

Cheers,
Raz

RazMan

posted on 25/11/10 at 01:17 PM Reply With Quote
Just found something similar but with just 4 functions on McGill Motorsports

Cheers,
Raz

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.