Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Fireblade help
Lightning

posted on 18/8/04 at 08:29 PM Reply With Quote
Fireblade help

I had a damaged Dynojet needle. I phoner dynojet and they replaced the set Free of Charge in 2 days!!!! They have a life time guarentee.

The engine runs heaps better. I still have a few teething problems which I could do with help on.

1) The engine revs freely and pulls well but... It baulks off the line. If I give it copius revs and drop the clutch.... Lurch and nearly stalls. What can I do ..or is it me?

2) Somehow the neutral light that worked pefect before now stays on all the time. I took the carbs of to clean them....could I have dislodged something...can't see anything different..help please.

3) Still have problems with charging...New rectifier but as the plastic connector had melted I had to connect each wire individually with spade connectors. Does it matter if which terminals the thee yellow wires go to . What I mean does it matter if they get mixed up? Dont know if I am making myself clear?

4) Not really a problem but I want to change the diff as the ratio at present gives 107mph at approx 12000 revs. It may seem daft but I havnt counted the revoltions of the prop to the road wheels yat...I'll do it tomorrow.
Diff was off of a K reg 2.0i GLS Sierra 7 1/4"

Any help greatfully received . I want to do track days but I want to get these bits sorted first.

Steve

Steve

Hellfire

posted on 19/8/04 at 07:22 AM Reply With Quote
1. Sounds like it's you

2. Sounds like you have knocked off the neutral wire which goes to the gearbox.

3. IIRC it doesn't matter which way round they go.

4. Proably more than 3.62 as it's not an LSD. Therefore top speed will be less, acceloration will be quicker though

loafersmate

posted on 19/8/04 at 10:53 AM Reply With Quote
Diff probably 3.92:1 like mine.

Ben

Lightning

posted on 19/8/04 at 03:41 PM Reply With Quote
1) probably

2) Wire is on and light works fine when engine off. When running the light stays on!. Balls,have to check through all the wiring

Steve

Peteff

posted on 19/8/04 at 03:54 PM Reply With Quote
Don't drop the clutch let it in steady, you haven't got a 12lb flywheel keeping the momentum going like a car.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

Hellfire

posted on 19/8/04 at 04:04 PM Reply With Quote
Lightning

2. Look behind the clocks. Odds on you're using original clocks and it's getting a live feed from there m8. It's getting a live from somewhere after the warning light obviously. Besides it's a tight squeeze down there near the prop. You haven't taken another earthing point for anything else from the earth side of the light have you?

Lightning

posted on 19/8/04 at 09:16 PM Reply With Quote
Hear what you are saying, I will crawl under tomorrow and investigate

[Edited on 19/8/04 by Lightning]

Steve

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.