Board logo

Is there a mobile verion of the forum?
cjwood23 - 5/9/12 at 11:15 AM

Guys,
With travelling around a fair bit and not always having a PC with me it'd be nice to have mobile version?
At the moment it's a bit of a pain trying to get it on my phone as I keep having to zoom in.

Is there a mobile version I've missed??

Bluemoon - 5/9/12 at 11:25 AM

I wonder if the "Printable Version" of a thread would help (top left button)..

UncleFista - 5/9/12 at 11:38 AM

Every other forum I use I view using Tapatalk on my phone, this is the only one stuck in the stone age
Pity, because I do neglect this place a bit.

AFAIK the only way to view it is using Explorer etc. ..

roadrunner - 5/9/12 at 11:44 AM

Someone's addicted to the forum.

madrallysport - 5/9/12 at 12:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by cjwood23
Guys,
With travelling around a fair bit and not always having a PC with me it'd be nice to have mobile version?
At the moment it's a bit of a pain trying to get it on my phone as I keep having to zoom in.

Is there a mobile version I've missed??

I agree a mobile version of the site would be brilliant

liam.mccaffrey - 5/9/12 at 12:15 PM

i use opera mini and don't have any issues?

gavin174 - 5/9/12 at 01:08 PM

works fine on a Blackberry

[Edited on 5/9/12 by gavin174]

wylliezx9r - 5/9/12 at 02:14 PM

I use dolphin browser on Android and its fantastic, I'm using it now LOL

RoadkillUK - 5/9/12 at 02:27 PM

He's not saying he can't view it, he's saying that it's inconvenient not having a mobile version, I agree as I read forums on my phone but generally leave LCB until I can get to a PC.

Davey D - 5/9/12 at 02:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by UncleFista
Every other forum I use I view using Tapatalk on my phone, this is the only one stuck in the stone age

Is it really worth the £1.99 asking price when you can just view the forum in a mobile browser?

40inches - 5/9/12 at 02:37 PM

I use Firefox Android App. still have to zoom a bit though.

UncleFista - 5/9/12 at 03:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Davey D
quote:

Is it really worth the £1.99 asking price when you can just view the forum in a mobile browser?

To me, the ease of use and speed with which I can browse and post to forums using Tapatalk means it's worth every penny and more.

Try it, I'm sure there's a free version about

Barkalarr - 5/9/12 at 03:43 PM

Just spent my £1.99 on tapatalk only to re-read the above post paying a little more attention to what was actually said when I couldn't find this forum on the tapatalk network. Doh!

MRLuke - 5/9/12 at 04:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Davey D
quote:

Yes it really is.

It makes browsing a forum as easy as looking through text messages. It is the only app I have ever paid for and its brilliant.

FYI I have Desire HD so a pretty massive screen on a decent quality phone, mobile versions of websites are rubbish as you lose many of the features of the full site, tapatalk is leagues ahead.

cjwood23 - 6/9/12 at 09:27 AM

I use tapatalk for most of the other forums I frequent, a couple have there own mbile version, but its easier with t-a-t.

The pistonheads mobile site is pretty good - the forum works well on that.

Would be great if a mobile/t-a-t version of LCB was available!