Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Bikers wearing very little in the hot weather!
russbost

posted on 22/7/13 at 12:15 PM Reply With Quote
Bikers wearing very little in the hot weather!

Just thought I ought to share this with you guys, please take a look at my facebook page

link

look under the recent posts by others & tell me if you still want to wear flip flops on your motorcycle!!!

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
whitestu

posted on 22/7/13 at 12:19 PM Reply With Quote
Ouch doesn't quite cover it!
Norfolkluegojnr

posted on 22/7/13 at 12:29 PM Reply With Quote
aaaaaand vomit.

Caveat on that, don't click if you've got a sensitive disposition! graphic post accident image.....

gaz_gaz

posted on 22/7/13 at 12:34 PM Reply With Quote
So, what's everyone having for lunch?
russbost

posted on 22/7/13 at 12:36 PM Reply With Quote
Ahh! Yes, possibly should have mentioned it's not a nice picture - however I really do want to get the point across to as many people as possible - some people appear to have very little imagination!

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
balidey

posted on 22/7/13 at 12:36 PM Reply With Quote
I just get a facebook log in page and as I don't have an account I can't see any pics

Dutch bears have terrible skin due to their clogged paws

sdh2903

posted on 22/7/13 at 12:45 PM Reply With Quote
I was out in the kit over the weekend and jumping out of the car at a petrol station with my lid on I received a comment that wasnt a helmet overkill in a car?

This particular prat was riding a harley sportster in shorts, vest and flip flops I simply laughed and carried on fuelling.

Hector.Brocklebank

posted on 22/7/13 at 01:16 PM Reply With Quote
Organ donors in waiting, idiots.....

I ride in full gear with armour and back protector no matter what.

The birthday suit cant be really put back on if you decide to get it dry cleaned

[Edited on 22/7/2013 by Hector.Brocklebank]

Some people can never handle the truth and always try to shoot the messenger instead of taking an honest look in the mirror (its always easier to blame another than to face reality), but secretly they wish they could grow a pair and be the messenger !!!

bowood14

posted on 22/7/13 at 01:27 PM Reply With Quote
Having had a big off recently on a trackday I wouldnt ride without full protection I beleive my back protector saved me from serious injuries, and my leathers from very bad road rash I still ache now though!!
mark chandler

posted on 22/7/13 at 01:39 PM Reply With Quote
I used to get fully suited and booted, bloody hot in the summer felt like I was melting going around the M25 after work.

Stupid not to though.

Slimy38

posted on 22/7/13 at 02:17 PM Reply With Quote
I have to admit I don't have a spine protector, just the standard thickness of foam that you find in off the shelf leathers. But I still wear full gear every trip, even if I need a towel or a sponge by the time I reach my destination!

I did once go for a quick test ride round the block in just my overalls and a helmet (wanted to see if a carb clean had been effective), I felt so unsafe that I didn't go above 20 and brought it straight back in.

I was really shocked to learn in my CBT that the only legal bit of clothing required for a bike is a helmet, and they don't even look for any kind of approval for that! Even a visor is not a legal requirement, and everyone on here must know how much it hurts to get a bug in your eye.

motorcycle_mayhem

posted on 22/7/13 at 02:51 PM Reply With Quote
Memories of my unsafe and not risk-assessed youth, riding across Sydney Harbour bridge wearing nothing but shorts and beach shoes, along with obligatory open-faced helmet and Oakley's.... boogie board under one arm.
That was back in the wreckless days of the late 80's. If I was to repeat the experience, it'd be a capital offence, akin to smoking or exceeding the speed limit by fractions of a K.

The thought police would be knocking now if they knew that I'd love to repeat it, but perhaps I can thwart them climbing into my bubble-wrap suit, demonstrating that the citizen is behaving normally.

nick205

posted on 22/7/13 at 03:59 PM Reply With Quote
That's reminded my why I don't ride bikes

scootz

posted on 22/7/13 at 04:16 PM Reply With Quote
Pah!

A kindly nurse will just pull it back on like a well worn sock and all will be good again (assuming the owner of said foot is not dead from other injuries... which I kind of think they might be as photo's like these tend not to get taken at roadside unless the subject is very VERY still... and going nowhere in a hurry!).

It's Evolution Baby!

Proby

posted on 22/7/13 at 04:19 PM Reply With Quote
That is a bit nasty. Ouuchh.

Visit GraphicMonster

will121

posted on 22/7/13 at 04:31 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mark chandler
I used to get fully suited and booted, bloody hot in the summer felt like I was melting going around the M25 after work.

Stupid not to though.

I done exactly the same, that's why in this weather I would rather be on a car with air con on and CD playing!
When I had my off 'corner was to slow for the speed I was going!' I had full leathers on only suffered a broken arm, other lad beside me had come off asscooter at less than 30mph in jeans and tee shirt and no gloves was covered in gravel rash!

Slimy38

posted on 22/7/13 at 04:49 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by will121

I done exactly the same, that's why in this weather I would rather be on a car with air con on and CD playing!
When I had my off 'corner was to slow for the speed I was going!' I had full leathers on only suffered a broken arm, other lad beside me had come off asscooter at less than 30mph in jeans and tee shirt and no gloves was covered in gravel rash!

Ah, gravel rash is such fun, having watched a video where they use scouring pads to clean the wound just makes me want to have a go!

iank

posted on 22/7/13 at 05:07 PM Reply With Quote
Urgh

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

pewe

posted on 22/7/13 at 05:20 PM Reply With Quote
Don't do Faceache but I can imagine.

Years ago a documentary described the likely outcomes of riding without proper protection.

Amongst these was the fact that in most accidents the ankle-bone is the first to touch down - without riding boots it grinds the bone away on the road surface!

A biker in shorts and T shirt came off at speed on the motorway. He was largely un-injured but died pretty quickly from grit burns over most of his body!!

And whilst I'm at it - second to lack of kit what really makes my blood boil are the biking tw*ts who sit astride the bike whilst filling it up with petrol!!!

Be careful out there.....

Cheers, Pewe10

Thanks for that Jossey VV just what I needed before I go off and cook sausages!!

[Edited on 22/7/13 by pewe]

jossey

posted on 22/7/13 at 05:46 PM Reply With Quote
For all those who don't use Facebook its here but seriously its sick ...

I recommend you don't view if your around people or kids etc....

Or if you have just eaten a chicken leg...

http://imgur.com/gJgeiQM

Thanks

David Johnson

Building my tiger avon slowly but surely.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Dualist

posted on 22/7/13 at 05:48 PM Reply With Quote
I thought I read years ago an artical in PB that at 60mph you can grind an inch of bone per second.
I always wince when I see an idiot just wearing a tee shirt and shorts on a bike

Rotary build coming soon...

quote:
Originally posted by RichardK
I recently discovered that pigs can p i s s sideways when being transported

iank

posted on 22/7/13 at 06:05 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jossey
For all those who don't use Facebook its here but seriously its sick ...

I recommend you don't view if your around people or kids etc....

Or if you have just eaten a chicken leg...

http://imgur.com/gJgeiQM

And for those that are easily disturbed imagine your skin is a sock which is pulled down to your toes

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

Slimy38

posted on 22/7/13 at 06:11 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pewe

And whilst I'm at it - second to lack of kit what really makes my blood boil are the biking tw*ts who sit astride the bike whilst filling it up with petrol!!!

I asked a friend about that as I knew he did it, he said it was to get more fuel into the tank because it was more upright....

no, I don't understand either...

flak monkey

posted on 22/7/13 at 08:33 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

No problem at all, try dribbling petrol on a hot engine or exhaust and see what happens... it boils off before touching it and just turns to vapour. I reckon 95% of people sit on their bike when refuelling. I know I do

I had a gas leak on the chop shortly after filling it, peed a lot fuel all over the hot cylinder head and exhaust. No dramas.... Sparks set fuel off, not hot engines. And sparks are most likely when you get back on the bike to start it up after refuelling, maybe we should start them up while not sitting on them too

That said I've got a vmax now, so have to get off to refuel as the tank's under the seat!

MikeRJ

posted on 22/7/13 at 08:57 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Makes no difference at all, apart from the fact you can actually fill the tank right up.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.