Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Looking for kit car friendly MOT garage near Uxbridge/Slough area
james h

posted on 19/9/15 at 08:53 AM Reply With Quote
Looking for kit car friendly MOT garage near Uxbridge/Slough area

I need to get an MOT so I can get some fun out of the Indy before the sun goes away.

I have only had one done once before, and the place (near Lancaster) let me sit in and press the brakes etc. during the test. I don't know anywhere like that down here though!

I'm living in Uxbridge, so anywhere in a 10 mile radius would be good.

Any recommendations?

James

BenB

posted on 19/9/15 at 12:52 PM Reply With Quote
The Pitstop MOT place at Staples Corner (near J1 of the M1) are brilliant. I wouldn't go anywhere else. They test over a pit so the car doesn't have to get jacked up on a quad lift and they let me sit in the car for all the testing. They even leant me their tools for a bit of tinkering when it transpired I had no brake fluid in my front MC!
coozer

posted on 19/9/15 at 02:23 PM Reply With Quote
All you need is to find one with a straight drive in. Up on the ramps baffles most testers...

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

gdische

posted on 19/9/15 at 07:55 PM Reply With Quote
Punters have experience of kit and classic cars, but can be a bit pernickety. 22 New Road, Hillingdon, UB8 3DX

Geoff

motivforz

posted on 20/9/15 at 07:22 AM Reply With Quote
I found choosing a test centre with the larger mechanics ensured that I stayed with the car for the test, they couldn't get into it to drive it! Really friendly chaps though so I've tried to build a relationship with them, unfortunately in Oxfordshire though.
SJ

posted on 20/9/15 at 09:20 AM Reply With Quote
I use my local garage in Croxley [not too far for you]- New Road service station. They have done my Indy three or four times. I just drop it off with them and other than some brake issues after it had been stood for a long time I've had no problems.
I'm also round the corner if you hit any problems.

Stu

[Edited on 20/9/15 by SJ]

james h

posted on 20/9/15 at 09:11 PM Reply With Quote
Those sound good - I thought anything within the M25 would be awkward to get to but Google reckons it won't be that bad. And garages with kit car experience is a must really.

I was asking in anticipation of getting it sorted imminently, but now I have been stumped by my dash - apparently I'm always driving at 0 mph (on the small street outside the lockup). I'll give those you've all suggested a ring for prices and gauge how they'd be with a BEC kit car.

Thanks!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.