Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Using the Forum
AGK7

posted on 10/11/05 at 10:37 PM Reply With Quote
Using the Forum

Hi all,

Just wondering if i am missing anything here. I check into the forum every day or so and can identify the new topics with the little orange envelope. However is there a way to see which post you have read within a thread and which are new??
Once i have read the post the envelope stays orange and doesn't seem to recognise that i have infact read the post. Also is there a way to go directly from one post to the next without either hitting "back" or selecting the section at the top of the page?

I have been visiting for nearly a year now and just thought i would see if there is a easier way to work through new posts.

Basically any "how to this forum" tips would be much appreciated.

Cheers
Andrew
Australia

Cheers
Andrew K
Albury, Australia

flyingkiwi

posted on 10/11/05 at 11:52 PM Reply With Quote
just under the luego banner is a little word that says catch up, click on that link and it will reset your session and mark all posts as old, any new posts after that will then have an orange envelope.

As for new posts, I think there's a little arrow (or something) under the name of the person who last posted on the thread, which is on the extreme right hand side of the thread subject. that takes you to the last post, usefull when the thread starts to hit multipul pages!

cheers
Chris

[Edited on 11-1111-0505 by flyingkiwi]

It Runs!!!!! Bring on the SVA!

Danozeman

posted on 11/11/05 at 06:44 AM Reply With Quote
Ive been on here for years and never knew that!!!

Dan

Built the purple peril!! Let the modifications begin!!

http://www.eastangliankitcars.co.uk

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.