Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: sierra wiring loom
jay taylor

posted on 11/1/06 at 08:54 PM Reply With Quote
sierra wiring loom

i noticed that a few people here have modified there donor vehicle wiring loom and i need some helpful
advice the loom i have is a seirra loom with abs what will i need to do to remove this and various other
things on the loom i will not need.
thanks for the help

flyingkiwi

posted on 11/1/06 at 09:25 PM Reply With Quote
Sit down in a really quite room, with an A3 blow up of the wiring diagrams for your model of car and a large sketch pad.

Under no circumstances drink beer.

If your a complete electronic fool, like me, this will take you some time. Otherwise forget what I'm about to say.

Work out what you will need to keep in the loom, i.e headlights, indicators, engine loom. Work out what you can discard. Draw a wiring diagram (basic one will do) to describe your car then slowly work out what wire goes where and what colour they are.

Do not go round cutting wires that you think you don't need.

Eventually you'll understand what you are looking at and it will become clear what you can get rid off, make sure you check once, then check again, then double check your double check before you start chopping.

I have spent over 2 months now playing with my wiring loom. spending my lunch breaks at work trying to sort it out, but spending most of it working out where I left off the day before. I think if I had just sat down in the begining I would have finished it in a day......

Its not a hard job to do actually. Just takes a bit of time, and some patience. You'll be surprise just how much you take out, and how much stays in.

Hope this helps out a bit.

There's a good PDF file on here somewhere thats a bit easier to read than a haynes manual, quick search on wiring diagrams might find it.

cheers
Chris

It Runs!!!!! Bring on the SVA!

jay taylor

posted on 11/1/06 at 09:29 PM Reply With Quote
thanks for the help hopefully it goes as easy as it sounds cheers jay

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.