Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: DIY midi
ned

posted on 11/1/06 at 09:34 PM Reply With Quote
DIY midi

this might be a good starting point for a light car upto 160bhp:

http://212.53.73.128/cgi/forums/YaBB.cgi?board=misc_parts&action=display&num=1136927863

ps ntdwm

beware, I've got yellow skin

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
lsdweb

posted on 11/1/06 at 10:20 PM Reply With Quote
Cheeky fu**er!

I sold it to him for £1000 last week!

Wyn

[Edited on 11/1/06 by lsdweb]

liam.mccaffrey

posted on 11/1/06 at 10:31 PM Reply With Quote
you didn't happen to edit in the 2 *'s did you Wyn

Build Blog
Build Photo Album

zilspeed

posted on 11/1/06 at 10:53 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lsdweb
Cheeky fu**er!

Wyn

I believe that's how business works. Buy for X pounds - sell for 1.4X pounds...

JoelP

posted on 11/1/06 at 11:02 PM Reply With Quote
dermot buys lots of bits, and rearranges them to sell at profit. It might not be the same constituents as what you sold him, but even so, fairs fair

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

graememk

posted on 11/1/06 at 11:02 PM Reply With Quote
hehehe

gazza285

posted on 11/1/06 at 11:53 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JoelP
dermot buys lots of bits, and rearranges them to sell at profit. It might not be the same constituents as what you sold him, but even so, fairs fair

And makes lots of tea as well.

Perhaps the items were sold too cheap? Wyn, You got what you asked and Dermot will get what they are worth. He's a nice bloke but he still needs to make a living, this is not his hobby, it is his business.

DO NOT PUT ON KNOB OR BOLLOCKS!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Dermot Healy

posted on 12/1/06 at 01:27 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lsdweb
Cheeky fu**er!

Wyn

Wyn

Several of my customers have brought your posting to my attention.

Why call me names now and seek to abuse me on a public forum? Perhaps the thing to do was just to say "no thank you" to my offer.

Instead, you seemed only too happy to sell to someone who was happy to send you £1000 for something they had not seen, then wait for you to clear the cheque, & then drive the 400+ mile round trip to South West Wales to collect.

I made it crystal clear that i buy and sell racecar bits and that you might get more for your items if you choose to wait around but that i made instant decisions, took the risk, & just sent the money without need for photographs or endless queries.

I thought we had a straightforward deal and found you pleasant and helpful when we met. If this comment reflects your real feelings, rather than being just an off the cuff remark, then i really don't want your transaxle and would be very happy for you to just return my money & come and take the thing away.

Whilst they can annoy me at times i find the vast majority of the people i deal with, either as buyers or sellers, to be honourable, interesting & straighforward. I try to treat them properly and make a living.

If you really feel you have been ripped off then just return my money and take your stuff back. It may be you will then be able to sell it for more.

You can contact me anytime on 07703-162409

lsdweb

posted on 12/1/06 at 08:22 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Dermot and all.

Please accept my apologies for what may have appeared a derogatory posting – it was not meant to be! It was typed with my tongue planted firmly in my cheek!

Dermot I realise you are a businessman and you have to make a profit and I have no complaints or problems with that whatsoever. You also have costs involved in running your business – like driving to the depths of West Wales to fetch transaxles! It was a totally fair deal and I agree that you took a risk in buying an unseen item, relying totally on my description. Best of luck with the sale.

I took a little flak on this forum a few months ago for selling a classic Mini Cooper for a profit, after picking it up on the forum a few months previously. I believe I took that graciously.

Once again, please accept my apologies for a post that was not, in any way, meant to annoy anyone.

I’ll leave this post up on the site for a few hours and remove the thread (if I can) later.

Regards

Wyn

ned

posted on 12/1/06 at 06:25 PM Reply With Quote
Wyn,

As the creator I think that only myself and forum admin have permissions to delete this thread.

Ned.

beware, I've got yellow skin

JoelP

posted on 12/1/06 at 06:29 PM Reply With Quote
dont fret wyn, im sure most people (including dermot) appreciate that your comments were lighthearted. If i worried about every post i ever made id not be able to sleep at night!

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

lsdweb

posted on 12/1/06 at 10:03 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks Ned

I suppose I can delete my posts?

lsdweb

posted on 12/1/06 at 10:04 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks Joel

I think I'll be a bit more careful with light heartedness in future!

Wyn

zilspeed

posted on 12/1/06 at 10:11 PM Reply With Quote
I'm sure it'll be fine.

The typed word doesn't convey a gag the same way the spoken word does.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.