Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: New Website
jonbeedle

posted on 25/1/06 at 02:43 AM Reply With Quote
New Website

Mornin' Dudes!
Nothing to do with cars I'm afraid. I just wondered if you would give me some feedback on my new website which I built all by myself by editing HTML code without having much idea of what I was doing (I don't have any web building software). It was all trial and error. I'm quite pleased with it so far. At least it's up and running and doing it's job. I can always tweak it as and when the need arises.
Let me know what you think. I know there are some brainy IT types out there!
Cheers
Jon

Jon Beedle

[Edited on 25/1/06 by jonbeedle]

"Everyone is entitled to an opinion however stupid!"

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
flyingkiwi

posted on 25/1/06 at 09:16 AM Reply With Quote
Looks good mate, like the Gibson's you've got there... (must get mine out and learn to play it.........)

Couple of things, (The Missus QA's websites for a living so kinda picked it up - bloody good job to be in!)

Theres a colour difference between the Home page/links page and the rest of the site. Goes from a bright red colour to a dark almost blood red colour, dunno if that was intented?

The Links page has a large grey box around the wording. Kinda looks a bit odd.

Also some of the pages have titles, some don't. and the titles are never quite in the same place, hence the links at the top of the page jump about. I'm a lazy sod and find it quite annoying when you play chase the link.

Dunno if this was the kind of feedback you were after? Will delete if it isn't. But thought if your going to use it as Advertising, then you'll want to know. Bloody good site considering its using HTML editing. If you can get hold of Frontpage or non microsoft equiv. (u2u me if you don't have it) you find it much easier to create and edit websites.

My lovely wife made my website up for me in a couple of hours (helps when you know what your doing!) and is constantly tweaking it. All done using frontpage, click and paste.

Flyingkiwis website

Hope this helps
Chris

[Edited on 25-101-0606 by flyingkiwi]

It Runs!!!!! Bring on the SVA!

Ian Pearson

posted on 25/1/06 at 09:55 AM Reply With Quote
Looks good John. I agree with Chris's comment on the links page.

[Edited on 25/1/06 by Ian Pearson]

RichardK

posted on 25/1/06 at 04:13 PM Reply With Quote
Looks good and agree with the comments above, try and get yourself Frontpage or Dreamweaver, they are wysiwyg editors which "What you see is what you get" they are far easier to use than Word 2003 and word also puts in loads of style sh!te of which mnost is unneeded and just slows down page rendering on older pc's with slow connections. I would go with Frontpage to start with and advance onto Dreamweaver when you want to do more advanced things like layering.

The one thing I would try to change is in the Pictures area (Photo Gallery) and link the thumbnails to larger images. Apart from that, looks great, nice work.

Regards

Rich

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
omega 24 v6

posted on 25/1/06 at 04:49 PM Reply With Quote
Looks good to me mate and I'm glad to find someone on the site born in the same year as me.
jonbeedle

posted on 25/1/06 at 05:19 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the feedback chaps. I know there are a few niggles but I'll tweak it as I go. I would like to get hold of a copy of Frontpage though as MS Word does put a load of unnecessary crap in which makes editing a pain. If anyone has a copy I can 'borrow' I would be grateful.
Thanks again.
Cheers
Jon

"Everyone is entitled to an opinion however stupid!"

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.