Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: New Scam or Free lunch
omega 24 v6

posted on 25/4/06 at 09:17 PM Reply With Quote
New Scam or Free lunch

Got this email which I won't reply to as I don't have any dealings with them.

Internet lottery/ The Free Lotto Company
Jackpot winner
Under the International Lottery and Swiss Lotto
UK HEAD OFFICE
Unit 7, Parkway Trading Est.,
Cranford La, Hounslow,
TW5 9QA
IRELAND BRANCH
Dublin 3
Dublin - Ireland
REF NUMBER: FL2/05/207152/UK/IE
BATCH NUMBER: 962901-PCF03
Sir/Madam,
We are pleased to inform you of the result of the Lottery Winners International programs held on the 25th of April 2006 all games promotion. Your e-mail address attached to your lotto payment order
(i) Serial number: 45637-77UK/IE
(ii) Ticket number: GS56754/22/76UK/IE
(iii) Lotto code number: FL09622UK/IE
(iv) The file ref number: FL2/05/207152/UK/IE
The payment order (i)-(iv), which consequently won in the 1st category, you have therefore been approved for a lump sum pay out of 2,500,000 (EUROS) (TWO MILLION FIVE HUNDRED THOUSAND EUROS)
CONGRATULATIONS!!!
For security purpose and clarity, we advise that you keep your winning information confidential until your claims have been processed and your money remitted to you. This is part of our security protocol to avoid double claiming and unwarranted abuse of this program by some participants. All participants were selected through a computer ballot system drawn from over 20,000 companies and 30,000,000 individual email addresses and names from all over the world. This promotional program takes place every year.
This lottery was promoted and sponsored by eminent personalities like The Free Lotto Awards, Microsoft Corporation, the Intel Group, Toshiba, Dell Computers, Mackintosh and a conglomeration of other international IT companies. The free lotto Internet draw is held once in a year and is so organized to encourage the use of the Internet and computers worldwide. We are proud to say that over 200 Million Euros are won annually in more than 150 countries worldwide. We look forward to your active participation in our next year USD50 million slot.
To process your claim, please fill the form below and contact our clearance office via the email address below:
Clearance officer: Mr. Peter Smith
Email Address: free20067@lycos.co.uk <mailto:free20067@lycos.co.uk>
or
Email Address: freel00006@netscape.net <mailto:freel00006@netscape.net>
Your fund can be release from either of the following options and are required to choose the mode in which you want your claim release to you.
1. International Bank Draft
2. Certified cheque
3. Wired transfer
If you choose option 3, you are require to provide your account detail
Note that, all winnings must be claimed not later than one month starting from today, failure to respond to this mail before one months time from today, all unclaimed funds will be null and void.
Please note in order to avoid unnecessary delays and complications, remember to quote your reference number and batch numbers in all correspondence. Furthermore, should there be any change of address do inform our agent as soon as possible.
Congratulations once more and thank you for being part of our promotional program.
NOTE: YOU ARE AUTOMATICALLY DISQUALIFIED IF YOU ARE BELOW 18 YEARS OF AGE.
Unit 7, Parkway Trading Est.,
Cranford La, Hounslow,
TW5 9QA
IRELAND BRANCH
Dublin 3
Dublin - Ireland
www.freelotto.com <http://www.freelotto.com>
LOTTERY PAYMENT APPLICATION FORM
(To be completed by lottery winners only)
Ticket Number: .........................
Reference Number: .........................
Batch Number: ..........................
First Name: .............................
Last Name: .............................
Home Address: ..........................
Town/City: .........................
Post Code: .........................
Telephone (Home): .........................
Mobile: .........................
Fax (Private): .........................
Fax (Office): .........................
Email Address: ........................
Date of Birth: ...........................
Marital Status: ...........................
I................................hereby declare that the above information are true and binding on me. If at any time it is discovered that I have given false information, I will forfeit my rights to my winnings.
Sincerely yours,
Mrs Angel McGovern.
(Lottery Coordinator)
IMPORTANT NOTICE.
Please be informed that NON RESIDENTS of Ireland and United Kingdom will be required to procure a Affidavits of Lotto Claim/Court clearance certificate from the Court in Ireland prior to award payment policy of Organisers/European Gaming Board as required by the Clearance office.
Please be aware that your Paying Authority wills Effect Payment Swiftly upon satisfactory Report, Verifications and validation provided by this Clearance Office

You can bet that someone somewhere at some point is looking for your bank details.

dave1888

posted on 25/4/06 at 09:20 PM Reply With Quote
Why not email them and ask them to send a draft.
RazMan

posted on 25/4/06 at 09:23 PM Reply With Quote
Just scanned through it and it looks fairly cosher. Odd that you didn't enter their lotto though...

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
chockymonster

posted on 25/4/06 at 09:28 PM Reply With Quote
and then await the "to receive your draft you need to pay a processing fee of €250"
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Liam

posted on 25/4/06 at 09:29 PM Reply With Quote
Not even a new scam! Search for lotto scams...

Liam

flyingkiwi

posted on 25/4/06 at 09:34 PM Reply With Quote
After becoming the victim of fraud a month ago, become very wary of giving out details about myself now.

Wife brought flowers from interflora and used my name and her bank card. Couple of days later a pair of rather expensive mobiles turned up at the house in my name with her card, rang up the company to ask them WTF was going on, turned out the postal address was recorded as fraudulent so they thankfully sent the phones to the billing address. Rang the bank to tell them and they said that they had already knew about the card fraud and had cancelled the card and sent us a letter. BLOODY LETTER?

Anyway over the week I recieved another pair of phones, a GPS and a bill for the release of a wheel clamp in London, complete with the regestration of the car unclamped.

Needless to say the owner of an Audi A4 in Brixton had a visit from the Met police last week to answer a few questions. Still waiting to find out what's happened from them.

In all over the space of 24 hours they bastusards managed to spend nearly £500 on the internet/phone. The really scary thing is they knew my name, address, home telephone number and date of birth!

We've changed all our passwords, pin numbers, had new cards and bank account numbers. Been a right pain to sort out. Luckily the bank is refunding the stolen money so not all is lost!

It Runs!!!!! Bring on the SVA!

omega 24 v6

posted on 25/4/06 at 09:41 PM Reply With Quote
[img]We've changed all our passwords, pin numbers, had new cards and bank account numbers. Been a right pain to sort out. Luckily the bank is refunding the stolen money so not all is lost! [/img]

Sympathies mate it must have been a nightmare. I suppose we should all be on our guard a bit more these days.
Ah well I'll just rip up the shopping list I was compiling and tell the buggers to stick it up their arse

I did do a search as I was going to email them and tell them to take the charge off of the payment but they cannot do that as the money is not theirs to spend (what a surprise)

the statement I found was

Have it in mind that you will be required to settle the courier charges while the sending of your winnings cheque will incure, this is because the total amount has been insured to the real value and as such cannot be deducted from. This is in accordance with section 13(1)(n) of the national gambling act as adopted in 1993 and amended on 3rd July, 1996. by the constitutional assembly. This is to protect winners and to avoid misappropriation of funds.

[Edited on 25/4/06 by omega 24 v6]

[Edited on 25/4/06 by omega 24 v6]

flyingkiwi

posted on 25/4/06 at 09:44 PM Reply With Quote
Really? What a surprise! Be nice to have a fraud bank account to zap the bastards with.

Not worried at all at using the internet to buy stuff. Its the little sods on the phone I'm worried about now. And it was bloody interflora which you would think would be ok to use.

All they need is the big number and those magic 3 digits on the back and BOOM! your card becomes theirs.

[Edited on 25-404-0606 by flyingkiwi]

Liam

posted on 25/4/06 at 10:31 PM Reply With Quote
But as you found out your card information can't be successfully used by people to buy stuff online and get away with it. Any muppet that uses someone elses card info then puts their own address in for delivery of their booty may aswell just invite the police around. What a tit!

Liam

cossey
Contributor

Posts 430
Registered 5/12/05
Location Kent

Photo Archive Go!
Building: a pile of bits that will someday be a fisher fury

posted on 25/4/06 at 10:42 PM Reply With Quote
they cant even spell macintosh right since when was there a k in it.

send it to hounslow police and see what they say.

flyingkiwi

posted on 26/4/06 at 06:19 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Liam
Any muppet that uses someone elses card info then puts their own address in for delivery of their booty may aswell just invite the police around. What a tit!

Liam

The biggest tit he did was to use my card to unclamp his own car, where did he think the bill was going to go????? Muppet.

Dunno what going to the police about a internet scam like that would do. Police were dead keen to sort out our mess as it was an actual fraud. Think if someone had just tried and failed to use my card the police would be like "OK, Thanks"

cossey
Contributor

Posts 430
Registered 5/12/05
Location Kent

Photo Archive Go!
Building: a pile of bits that will someday be a fisher fury

posted on 26/4/06 at 07:39 AM Reply With Quote
yeah probably but you never know it might help them track down any one who did fall for it.
wildchild

posted on 26/4/06 at 08:29 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cossey
they cant even spell macintosh right since when was there a k in it.

when it's a waterproof coat rather than a computer?

MikeRJ

posted on 26/4/06 at 10:09 AM Reply With Quote
I always have a look at the websites that Phishing emails link to, just to see how realistice they are etc. and late last year I found a scam website for a well known auction service. Nothing unusual in that, but what was frightening was that the perpetrators were clearly clueless on how to set up a web server with the result that it was wide open. I found a huge database of peoples names, addresses, phone numbers, auction usernames and passwords and worse still credit card details including PIN numbers.

The server itself was in a rather hostile country in the middle east, so didn't fancy emailing the place that was (probably unwittingly) hosting the server as the email would no dount fall into the hands of the crooks. I phoned the Metropolitan Internet Crime division and was told that whilst the information was useful, they couldn't do anything about it as server was not in this country.

The server was running for several days, collecting more and more numbers, so in the absence of any police action I phoned everyone who was in the UK and warned them (lots of very suspicious people, understandably) and emailed eveyone else. Very difficult writting an email warning of a scam without making it sound like one! Hopefully most of the cards were cancelled before being used...

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.