Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: made me laugh
graememk

posted on 19/6/06 at 09:11 PM Reply With Quote
made me laugh

just finishing off the wiring on my car and every thing works fine untill you press the hazzard lights button and my fuel pump goes on and off with the lights lol what a cock up

NigeEss

posted on 19/6/06 at 09:17 PM Reply With Quote
Doh !

russbost

posted on 19/6/06 at 09:26 PM Reply With Quote
You mean it isn't meant to???????

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
Martian

posted on 19/6/06 at 09:33 PM Reply With Quote
wiring??????
jamesbond007ltk

posted on 19/6/06 at 10:31 PM Reply With Quote
hazard lights!

fuel!

new i'd forgotten something!

natehall

posted on 19/6/06 at 11:08 PM Reply With Quote
lol

my favorite was on a sierra i was working on (my girlfriends) had just replacent the engine, reassembled everyhting and was about to test drive the thing - put the indicators on and they didnt come on - thought ahh must have blown a fuse, checks the fuses and sure enough a couple blown fuses, replace them and the hazards work, brilliant its sorted, goes to indicate left, and it stops the indicators again, so im pretty pissed , start tracing through the wiring, totally strip out the dash again, have undone all the insulation on the wiring loom all the way back from the rear cluster to the indicator stalk, no breakage, so trace the engine bay left side repeater, no proble,, so do the same for the front left - no problem

replace the fuse again and it still blows

alll earths are secure, so im really confused, i then go and get a spare stalk i have lieing around, and it fixes it straight away

i ended up spending 2 days tracing a non existant wiring problem, the switch was fubared

If it aint broke, uprate it
if it is broke, uprate it

http://www.modders-uk.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
DaveFJ

posted on 20/6/06 at 08:33 AM Reply With Quote
I once saw a guy who was trying to install a stereo in his tin top, basically he rummaged under the dash for a wire with 12v on it then spliced into it!!! somehow he managed to get it so that when he switched on the stereo the engine started and the headlights pulsed in time to the music

And he was an apprentice avionics technician.. now thats scary!

Dave

"In Support of Help the Heroes" - Always

flyingkiwi

posted on 20/6/06 at 10:22 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DaveFJ
I once saw a guy who was trying to install a stereo in his tin top, basically he rummaged under the dash for a wire with 12v on it then spliced into it!!! somehow he managed to get it so that when he switched on the stereo the engine started and the headlights pulsed in time to the music

And he was an apprentice avionics technician.. now thats scary!

That comment nearly sent Tea all over the computer!

He might be onto a winner with that idea now with all the chav's, neons and loud music. I'm sure people would pay good money to have their headlights pulse too!

It Runs!!!!! Bring on the SVA!

02GF74

posted on 21/6/06 at 08:34 AM Reply With Quote
many years agon when I put back the engine in my MGB I realised I forgot to attach the engine earth strap after the plastic on the accelerator cable started to smoke
Marcus

posted on 21/6/06 at 09:23 AM Reply With Quote
Ok, I'll admit it, My wiring sucks!!
At Newark, after replacing the water pump on Rolands car, he asked me to turn the ignition off. Whilst reaching for the key, I caught the horn button. Didn't think anything of it until i pulled the keys out of the ignition and the engine was still running!
This had us foxed for hours, we even drove home, unable to stop the engine without removing the bonnet.
Turns out, we (I) wired the windscreen washers as the horn. The wiper stalk also pulls forward on the Sierra. This is what I had caught when reaching for the keys. Unfortunately, in this position, a live is fed back to the ignition switch circuit, effectively giving us 2 ignition switches!
Oh well, it still runs

Marcus

Because kits are for girls!!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.