Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Remapping/diagnosis software.
GeoffT

posted on 17/8/07 at 08:03 AM Reply With Quote
Remapping/diagnosis software.

May be of interest to the brave (or foolhardy.....) amongst us. Anybody tried this software?

Linky

matt_claydon

posted on 17/8/07 at 09:04 AM Reply With Quote
Don't forget you'll need to buy an interface for the computer, don't know how much these are but they may well not be cheap!
rusty

posted on 17/8/07 at 09:04 AM Reply With Quote
A mate of mine has done some remapping, he is currently working on a turbo Honda Civic lets just say it is nippy. I might pass this on to him and see if he can make use of it, will report back.
nib1980

posted on 17/8/07 at 09:08 AM Reply With Quote
, yeah right, I work for an OEM, and we spend litterally 10's of thousands of euros designing and coding this software, I honestly doubt this will dop what it says.

that and the fact we are moving onto the third generation of control systems, no longer using OBD 1 & 2

ko_racer

posted on 17/8/07 at 09:44 AM Reply With Quote
I would steer clear, all the probably contains is a load of random bin files that have been doing the rounds for ages.

IF you can get the software to work, which will probably be pirated WinOLS or similar and if you can then get some hardware to work without wrecking you ecu you'll probably end up blowing your engine with the dodgy files on the disc.

If anyone wants to move into chip tuning you really need something with backup from the supplier. There are plenty round, Optican being one of them. Various tuners can supply good files to be used with this and good gains can be had.

If you are interested there some good freeware ecu flashing programs such as ECUFLASH which is for Mitsubish and Subaru cars. I think there is one for Honda too. Still risky if you haven't done the research and don't have a very good understanding of how it all works.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
britishtrident

posted on 17/8/07 at 11:36 AM Reply With Quote
BMW diesels can be tweaked successfully via a suitable interface and info out in the public domain however the results aren't any different from using a black box.

With petrol engines especially non-turbo ones the chances of actually achieving anything are much less.

I take the view best to EOBD connector soley for diagnostics and checking sensor readings.

[Edited on 17/8/07 by britishtrident]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.