Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Luego Owners Club At Peterboro' Show 2008
jollygreengiant

posted on 18/7/08 at 03:41 PM Reply With Quote
Luego Owners Club At Peterboro' Show 2008

OK lads & lass's, today I have received confirmation of our booking at the Peterborough Show, along with instructions about behavior, although I have yet to see anything to discredit any of you.
So first off our stand location (marked in blue/ No 7)
peterborough show grd 2008
peterborough show grd 2008

and their legal bit about behavior :-

FINAL INSTRUCTIONS STAND NUMBER. ..7
FOR CLUB ORGANISORS
EAST OF ENGLAND KIT CAR SHOW
9TH-10TH AUGUST 2008
PETERBOROUGH
WRIST BANDS WILL BE ISSUED UPON ARRIVAL PLEASE WEAR
THEM ALL TIMES TO ASSIST OUR SECURITY.
PLEASE INFORM ALL CLUB MEMBERS THE FOLLOWING;
Please ensure that all noise is stopped at midnight as houses are situated
close to the showground.
There is a blanket 15MPH speed limit on the showground anyone driving
in a dangerous manner will be ejected. Please do not drive around the
showground only to get to and from your club stand. All drivers are sub-
jected to the road traffic acts and could be prosecuted should they drive in
an unacceptable manner.
Do not enter the halls until the show opens at 10am.
Regards
John Cooke MD
DIRECTIONS TO PETERBOROUGH; TAKE JUNCTION 17 OFF
Al - FOLLOW SIGNS TO SHOWGROUND. POST CODE PE2 6XE
The signs will take you to the EXHIBITOR/KIT CAR GATE. Show this
pass to security. You will be directed to your club stand (see attached plan

So there you have it. That just leaves us to decide where abouts we shall be camping, I would suggest Lower right camping area, top left corner if possible. Anyone else have any views or thoughts on the matter.

Lets have your thoughts on the matter.

JGG

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

graememk

posted on 18/7/08 at 04:07 PM Reply With Quote
so does that mean the mk owners club cant make lots of noise and upset the dax lot like at stoneliegh ?

darrens

posted on 18/7/08 at 05:51 PM Reply With Quote
bonza!! I'll be there
Paul (Notts)

posted on 18/7/08 at 06:00 PM Reply With Quote
Need to finish repairs but I will be there in the Viento. Can we camp Friday night.

Paul

Will sort out a club banner next week

NeilP

posted on 18/7/08 at 06:40 PM Reply With Quote
Going to now be on hols I'm afraid as hadn't had anything booked and a last minute deal came up (and believe me I need a holiday).

Will miss you all

If you pay peanuts...
Mentale, yar? Yar, mentale!
Drive it like you stole it!

rusty nuts

posted on 18/7/08 at 07:20 PM Reply With Quote
Hope to be there friday evening , depending on how bad the road to hell is (A14)
jollygreengiant

posted on 18/7/08 at 07:20 PM Reply With Quote
I will check & let you know.

quote:
Originally posted by Paul (Notts)
Need to finish repairs but I will be there in the Viento. Can we camp Friday night.

Paul

Will sort out a club banner next week

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

piddy

posted on 18/7/08 at 08:06 PM Reply With Quote
I can't make it until Sunday.
I'll see you all then.

chrisj

posted on 26/7/08 at 05:02 PM Reply With Quote
Pboro Show Pub Suggestions

As a concerned resident of Pebo I have the following suggestions for watering holes. 1. Black Horse at Elton, excellent food, real ale and about 4 miles up the old oundle road from the showground with twisty bits to amuse the locals. (Watch the local plods amusing speed trap on the west side of the A1 on the way up to the Black Horse).
2. The Botolph Arms just a stones throw from where the Luego's where born on the old oundle road. Once again more of your salt of the earth but again cheap and cheerful, its on the left just before the crossroads before the botolph bridge where you turned into the old industrial estate.
3. For the hardcore using Taxis go into charters. A converted grain barge which has a nice thai above it and a real good real ale bar below stocked with Oakham ales finest. You might even bump into Matt and his dad. Definetly one for the taxi as the ale is 4 units a pint. Don't drink the rainbow yawn !

As a yokel am able to provide a 3m x 9m gazebo to add a certain cachet to the brand if required/shelter from seasonal monsoon/unseasonal tropical sun.

jollygreengiant

posted on 27/7/08 at 12:19 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by chrisj
As a yokel am able to provide a 3m x 9m gazebo to add a certain cachet to the brand if required/shelter from seasonal monsoon/unseasonal tropical sun.

Well, I don't know what to say. Your whole post is a wonder of information. I take it that you have not managed to stay over night with our group before. If you have then I apologise. The offer of your Gazebo is most excellent and would make an excellent shelter (sun or rain)/reception area for the car display area. I shall be bringing my more modest 3m x4m usual gazebo that we will probably put up in the camping area to act as Bar/communal area/dinning area/kitchen/meeting room and did I say drinking room . Oh and pink barbi area . Most of our community will have driven a fair way to the venue so going out for a drink is not the norm.

As normal I shall be bringing Gas stove and pots, kettle, etc. Barbi & charcoal. I still have 1 box (each) of Stella bottles & cans. So I think that we are well catered for Stella. If anyone has another preference then please bring along as required.
Also I shall try and bring along supplies for the almost mandatory fried breakfast.

At this stage I might or might not be limited as I don't know if the kids will be coming or not. But it is surprising just how much you can get in the back of a Sierra. Especially if you are not sleeping in it this time.

I SHALL be checking this week about Friday afternoon arrival and be letting you all know soonest. I hope to be arriving on the Friday pm and setting up then.

Lets all have a great show.

Clive.

rusty nuts

posted on 27/7/08 at 04:02 PM Reply With Quote
Will the Viento be making an appearance Clive?
chrisj

posted on 27/7/08 at 04:47 PM Reply With Quote
Yes now with added cooling !
rusty nuts

posted on 27/7/08 at 05:07 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry Chris , I meant Jolly Green Giant( Clive) IIRC there was mention of it at Newark about it appearing at Peterborough, possibly behind the Sierra??
jollygreengiant

posted on 27/7/08 at 10:04 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rusty nuts
Will the Viento be making an appearance Clive?

"I have a Cunning Plan, my lord Black Adder.!"

jollygreengiant

posted on 28/7/08 at 09:08 AM Reply With Quote
Right, I have just spoken to John Cooke as regards to access to the show site. The Peterborough show site will be open from 11:00(am) on the Friday for manufacturers and clubs etc (I presume this to include kit cars) for setting up for the weekend.

[Edited on 28/7/08 by jollygreengiant]

rusty nuts

posted on 28/7/08 at 07:17 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jollygreengiant
Right, I have just spoken to John Cooke as regards to access to the show site. The Peterborough show site will be open from 11:00(am) for manufacturers and clubs etc (I presume this to include kit cars) for setting up for the weekend.

Is that Friday?

jollygreengiant

posted on 28/7/08 at 07:50 PM Reply With Quote
Er yes, Sorry Freudian slip, I was a little tired when I posted, having been up since 21:30 on Sunday and not having had any food since 22:00 due to fasting blood test. I shall now edit post.

quote:
Originally posted by rusty nuts
quote:
Originally posted by jollygreengiant
Right, I have just spoken to John Cooke as regards to access to the show site. The Peterborough show site will be open from 11:00(am) for manufacturers and clubs etc (I presume this to include kit cars) for setting up for the weekend.

Is that Friday?

jollygreengiant

posted on 3/8/08 at 05:18 PM Reply With Quote
Ok so progress seems to be getting on, I WILL be at the show, dragging a trailer behind me so you can all have (delete as applicable) a good laugh/good cry/good ragging at my efforts so far. I will also attend with a shopping list. There are things that I would like to get finished/tidied up before getting there but I can/will only get done what I have time for. Soooo much to do so little time. As far as I know there will be me & the good lady plus the 2 little ones. We might have a friend of my sons in tow as well.
So as I said before lets have a great show.

JGG.

wilkingj

posted on 8/8/08 at 07:57 PM Reply With Quote
Hope to get there Sunday..

Just arrived home from Cornwall... Dead tired. Need to sort the caravan out and fully arrive home first.

Should make Sunday. weather permitting.

1. The point of a journey is not to arrive.
2. Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Best Regards
Geoff
http://www.v8viento.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.