Board logo

My 442 rear brackets
omega 24 v6 - 29/9/05 at 06:25 PM

What do you think of my possible solution for my rear wishbone bracket location. It will be solid welded when it's finished so no wise cracks.
SVA acceptable?
SVA acceptable?

[img][/img]

Many thanks to "Joel P" and "Mix" for their help in getting me to this point.

JoelP - 29/9/05 at 06:27 PM

looks nice, i like the solution. Beware the radius of course, if its accessible.

What makes it different to the normal set up? obviously the chassis is wider, are the bones different too?

omega 24 v6 - 29/9/05 at 06:39 PM

The std book chassis is 343mm wide at F1 and F2 and the 442 is 155mm wide so the angles that are running back to the C tube ar more inclined. This has meant that to acheive the sizes on page 63 of the book I have had to pack the front bottom and top and the rear top by 10mm and alter the bottom bracket as well. At the moment i am hoping that the alloy sides will cover what needs to be covered for sva but i'm a hell of a long way from that point yet.
Do you think there is enough strength in what I have done.

I'm hoping to make just the std bones although the front and rear track will differ.
Others have done this and had no ill effects it will also let me use the std mk2 rack I have picked up for a couple of packets of fags

[Edited on 29/9/05 by omega 24 v6]

[Edited on 29/9/05 by omega 24 v6]

kango - 30/9/05 at 04:41 AM

I am planning to build a 442 next time round and have drawn the chassis on CAD to plan the front end brackets.

The best solution I have found is to vove the wishbone brackets 25 mm back and position a horisontal bar to support the top brackets. This makes the back bottom bracket to sit in the middle of the bottom rail.

Let me know if this makes sence?

kango - 30/9/05 at 11:09 AM

Tried to get it into Powerpoint.