Board logo

brake master cyl
joscorstjens - 15/3/10 at 08:22 PM

The brake master cyl on my tiger cat started to leak a very little bit. It came from a 2.0 Sierra (1987) with front and rear disks (it is the cast cylinder type). What is the original Ford part number? I want to replace it ...or is just replacing the seals sufficient?
tia

RichardK - 15/3/10 at 08:35 PM

Have you a picture as I think I might have just bought new one which is wrong for my car, I'll get a picture of mine...now.

Cheers

Rich

Hellfire - 15/3/10 at 08:52 PM

There are at least six different types of Sierra brake master cylinders. Three Girling and three Bendix. Girling do the cast iron and steel tube cylinders and Bendix do cast aluminium. If you've got the aluminium cylinder, you're gonna really struggle to find a repair kit.

Phil

Try Brakes International to identify the cylinder you have

[Edited on 15-3-10 by Hellfire]

RichardK - 15/3/10 at 09:00 PM

Here is my collection of wrong brake mc's

Image deleted by owner
Image deleted by owner

£25 posted

I have 2 of these Fiat Panda/Uno ones one fitted and removed and one still on the car. I bought it using the ebay link in this thread. Linky

Image deleted by owner

Image deleted by owner

£20 each posted?

Cheers

Rich

[Edited on 15/3/10 by RichardK]

britishtrident - 15/3/10 at 09:13 PM

If you don't have a servo fitted is worth looking at fitting an early Polo or early Panda non-servo cylinder if you shop around these are available very cheaply (ie £18 or so) in non OEM brands but you will need a fluid reservoir from the scrappies.

adithorp - 16/3/10 at 10:26 AM

...or an early Fiesta non servo one.

adrian