Board logo

New seats...
Jenko - 15/10/07 at 05:24 PM

Just a quick one to say I received my new fiberglass seats last week (lowsided). they purchased from ebay, but are from Marks (posts on this forum) son.

These have now been seats fit like a glove and look fantastic...they've slotted into my westfield perfectly....So thumbs up.
Click

Also, I used the metro runners which are very low profile, and wich a little bit of modifying, worked really well :-)

[Edited on 15/10/07 by Jenko]

roadrunner - 15/10/07 at 06:58 PM

Look very nice, how much where they.

robinbastd - 15/10/07 at 09:46 PM

I recognise those - they sat in my shop for a day or two while DHL forgot to collect them repeatedly.

If ever I finish building websites, house, workshop,etc I shall be having a pair of the more generously proportioned ones.

Ian

iank - 16/10/07 at 07:07 AM

quote:
Originally posted by roadrunner
Look very nice, how much where they.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Fibre-Glass-Kit-Car-Seats-westfield-caterham-dax-locost_W0QQitemZ300159167223QQihZ020QQcategoryZ100921QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQc mdZViewItem

Jenko - 16/10/07 at 08:36 AM

They were 200 all in....and two sets of runners were 10 quid from local scrap yard.....

I'm 6ft, and weigh 15.5 stone, and the lowsided seats are a perfect fit...the high sided ones I could not fit into :-(

Interestingly enough.....I've just converted car to an aero screen, so heater, carpets, screen, and old seats have come out....the car lost 30kg, which is nice :-)

roadrunner - 16/10/07 at 05:46 PM

Thanks for that Ian.
Not a bad price.

Mark. - 16/10/07 at 08:05 PM

They look tickety boo in the westy meduck.Ok if the picture gets used to show them fitted?
Mark.

Jenko - 19/10/07 at 08:51 AM

No problem Mark If you want to use the pic...............

Must admit I was a tad nervous of buying a seat I had never tried for size....however, after doing a 120 mile trip on Wednesday, I can confirm that they are actually more comfortable than the previous westfield sports seats....Very pleased :-)

PJ.

Mark. - 19/10/07 at 05:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Jenko
No problem Mark If you want to use the pic...............

Must admit I was a tad nervous of buying a seat I had never tried for size....however, after doing a 120 mile trip on Wednesday, I can confirm that they are actually more comfortable than the previous westfield sports seats....Very pleased :-)

PJ.
I don't know what to say...cheers me dears and glad you like them

Mark

Fred W B - 19/10/07 at 06:09 PM

Now that the car is looking so nice you may want to upgrade the guard dog?

Cheers

Fred W B

Jenko - 23/10/07 at 12:16 PM

He's tougher than he looks

BigDawgV8 - 6/11/07 at 09:35 PM

Hi,

I'm interested in buying a pair of the low-sided seats.

Are they still available?

What is the best way to buy now the posted E-bay auction has ended?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Cheers

Martin

Mark. - 6/11/07 at 11:10 PM

Well meduck you can always email fabbyglass@btinternet.com.
Cheers,
Mark

Kriss - 7/11/07 at 12:16 PM

Seats look fab. Just what I want or rather need due to my height when I buy a kit car.

How did you go about adapting subframes to the seat and car?

Triton - 7/11/07 at 08:21 PM

Kriss,
Landrover ones are nice and slim and folk have used metro ones.
Perhaps be an idea for me to put it in the head of nutty surfer I know who can make solidworks work!

Cheers.
Mark

BigDawgV8 - 7/11/07 at 09:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mark.
Well meduck you can always email fabbyglass@btinternet.com.
Cheers,
Mark

Thanks for that!

E-mail sent.
Looking forward to the reply!

Cheers

Martin