Board logo

WTD: set of bolts for lobros
Xtreme Kermit - 16/4/09 at 08:14 PM

I'm in the process of building up a new rear axle setup.

Does anyone know where I can buy a set of 24 driveshaft bolts and lock tabs form the sierra lobro joints?

locoR1 - 16/4/09 at 08:31 PM

Got mine from here http://www.namrick.co.uk/ great service delivered really quickly most people i know haven't bothered trying to get the lock tabs just make sure you loctite them in they have a habit of coming loose.

muzchap - 16/4/09 at 09:34 PM

Good call Dave

Also - DONT paint the sodding lock tabs - I did, the paint wore through and the driveshaft came loose

Luckily I was doing 20mph in traffic through town at the time - s^&t me up though

Xtreme Kermit - 17/4/09 at 11:19 AM

Thanks guys - One problem I have is that I do not have one as a pattern.

Do you know the length/thread diameter details to hand, and the threaded length?

muzchap - 21/4/09 at 05:52 PM

Hi Mate,

U2U me your address and I'll send 1 down to you - have a few spares kicking around but want to try and keep hold of em - but don't mind sparing one to get you sorted

Or if I get drunk in London after work - I can probably chuck it out onto the platform if I catch the crappy First Capital Connect train - it stops every bloody where!

Cheers,

Murray

[Edited on 21/4/09 by muzchap]

cd.thomson - 22/4/09 at 10:23 AM

if you find the right part on that website Kermit could you list it on here for future reference? I need a few too.

NS Dev - 22/4/09 at 09:09 PM

and for goodness sake don't use torx ones, just use capheads!

And you don't need the "locktabs" even though they are not locktabs. I have fitted more than I could shake an armful of sticks at, to many racing cars, and have yet to have a single bolt come even slightly loose, with nothing other than the bolt!

muzchap - 22/4/09 at 10:16 PM

Heh - I'd listen to NS Dev guys

I did and mine haven't come loose since getting rid of those alleged lock plates...

Xtreme Kermit - 25/4/09 at 11:05 AM

Thanks guys, been off the air for a few days.

Ta for the advice. I have been in touch with boys at Quantum and have some bolts in the post.

I will measure them up when they arrive and post the info.

Xtreme Kermit - 26/4/09 at 07:42 PM

so - they are 12.9 breaking strain 8mm x50mm
socket head bolts.

I have just trial fitted them and (I know you said don't do it...) with the tabs and lock washer (I know - I will leave them out...) they are the ideal length.

Hope that helps.

cd.thomson - 27/4/09 at 09:07 AM

thanks a lot