Board logo

Tinted screen
sambo83 - 7/4/09 at 01:35 PM

Hi gents I have a small tinted aero screen on the mk i've jus bought but can't see through it v.well especially when wearing shades! Anyone else have this prob and if so does anyone know where the cheapest clear ones are? Cheers

omega0684 - 7/4/09 at 01:37 PM

raise your seat?

any pics?

[Edited on 7/4/09 by omega0684]

blakep82 - 7/4/09 at 01:40 PM

an aero screen should be below eye level

Mr Whippy - 7/4/09 at 02:02 PM

you should really wear progressive tinted glasses for driving so the roads normal and the sky is dimmed

idl1975 - 7/4/09 at 02:03 PM

He may mean the old stlye (apparently) 8" high perspex screen which was on my MK.

In which case Sambo83, you may have to make your own as MK have told me they aren't making them any more.

Or maybe he does have the world's largest aero screen...

quote:
Originally posted by blakep82
an aero screen should be below eye level

Mr Whippy - 7/4/09 at 02:13 PM

There’s no way an 8 inch screen could be classed as a deflector, that’s only 2inchs less than the height of the Falcons windscreen!

sambo83 - 7/4/09 at 02:24 PM

I would guess it's about 4-5 inches maybe I sit to low in it then I'm about 5.11 but still can't see over it comfortably, I thought it would be safer to look through it instead of over it for flying stones etc?

Mr Whippy - 7/4/09 at 02:37 PM

If you can't see over it then the police may pull you over as it’s very obvious to them if their behind you. Sounds like you should raise the seat base a bit. Blocks of wood under the seat runners painted black etc work very well and are simple to make (what I did with my beach buggy, though its landrover windscreen folds forward like a jeep in the rain so no wipers are needed). If you’re worried about stones, wear car goggles or safety specs.

sambo83 - 7/4/09 at 02:45 PM

Ok will try raising my seat then, thanks for your help , by the by I've noticed there's an old style pc lead coming from my dash it's not a USB more like a small printer cable I was told it was for adjusting the engine, is it a power commander or an ecu mapper and if so does anyone know where I can get software from for my laptop? 919 fireblade, cheers

Miks15 - 7/4/09 at 02:47 PM

If its tinted with the film stuff cant you just peel that off?

jambojeef - 7/4/09 at 03:50 PM

Raising your seat on bits of wood painted black?

2 reasons why I wouldn't:

a) COG

b) Death

ReMan - 7/4/09 at 06:38 PM

Like mine?
<<<-------

Steve Hignett - 7/4/09 at 08:29 PM

Just get a piece of Lexan and make it yourself using the old one as a pattern!

ATB
Steve

RK - 8/4/09 at 02:37 AM

What's wrong with mounting seats on pieces of wood? that's what I did. Obviously the bolt goes right through the floor, with a big washer on the other side.