Board logo

Which Compressor?
coozer - 26/3/11 at 08:01 PM

I'm after a new compressor, my Aldi special isn't special at all, its useless, in that it wouldn't run the tools I bought with it, and. now the flimsy rail where the outputs are are fubarred.

I've been trying to get meself a nice 100l belt drive job off the bay but sniped at ridiculous prices at the last minute

Is one of the V twin types any good? Very cheap so I suspect the quality is as bad as the Aldi 'special'

Air Compressor 3HP 50L 50 ltr litre 14CFM V-Twin NEW on eBay (end time 18-Apr-11 09:48:40 BST)

Very cheap, cheaper than a second hand one and about £100 cheaper than a similar spec 14/50 job in Machine Mart.

Any thoughts? Either on these or where I can pick up a nice belt drive 100l jobby for under £300ish??

Ta,
Steve

Peteff - 26/3/11 at 08:28 PM

Wolf Dakota 3HP 14CFM Belt Drive 100L Air Compressor on eBay (end time 18-Apr-11 11:15:23 BST) will get you what you are looking for. It will cost you £25 delivery, it's not far from here. I have a SIP V twin very similar to the one you link to and it's been a good tool for quite a few years despite being direct drive but you will struggle to drive air tools on any compressor running on domestic electricity supply, blowing tyres and a bit of painting is about the limit along with running a nailer and quick bursts with a nut runner. Die grinders and similar rotary tools need big cfm to function efficiently.

birdii - 27/3/11 at 07:46 PM

I recently bought this 3hp v twin compressor:

AIR COMPRESSOR 3 hp TWIN V MOTOR 50 LT TANK BRAND NEW on eBay (end time 09-Apr-11 15:39:16 BST)

So far i have been very happy with it, just about adequate for a die grinder but i have also coupled up m old 2hp 50ltr SIP compressor and with both together the results are brilliant!

fatfranky - 3/4/11 at 09:33 AM

PM Sent