Board logo

playskool
mkblade - 16/5/07 at 12:12 AM

anybody know if this company is still going tried ringing the number .operator says phone number no longer exsits i was thinking about buying one of their aeroscreens.

donut - 16/5/07 at 06:19 AM

Take a look through the Round window!

sory i just had to!!

procomp - 16/5/07 at 06:45 AM

Hi think paul is still doing some of the grp bits at a weekend . But as a trading company he packed it in a few years ago and returned to the building trade.

You may have better look tracking him down on the WSCC FORUM.

cheers matt

Worzey - 16/5/07 at 06:50 AM

Strangely enough I got an email message from Paul at playskool last night cause I asked about an aeroscreen myself. His reply is below:

"We only do the screens in GRP as we can't get the carbon anymore.

If you want to order one, they are £85 +£10 P&P, just send a cheque with postal details to

Plays Kool Motorsport
Unit 2 Whitehall Filling Station
Whitehall Rd
Birkenshaw
BD11 2EJ"

Hope this helps.

[Edited on 16-5-2007 by Worzey]

chockymonster - 16/5/07 at 08:18 AM

Matt,

any chance you can make your avatar a little bit narrower

BMF - 16/5/07 at 09:34 AM

I have a carbon used one for sale! Not playskool, but v similar.

Worzey - 16/5/07 at 09:43 AM

BMF - U2U Sent

Richard Quinn - 16/5/07 at 10:17 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Worzey
..."We only do the screens in GRP as we can't get the carbon anymore.

Might be worth checking that this is still the case if anyone else wants one. I buy a bit of carbon fibre cloth and the price has fallen again and availability increased now that Airbus are no longer pre-ordering the world's stock!!

Worzey - 16/5/07 at 10:55 AM

It was certainly the case when I recieved the email from Playskool yesterday evening at 10pm but these markets do move quickly

Richard Quinn - 16/5/07 at 02:09 PM

OK, point taken! The market stabilised a couple of months ago. I've always been able to get hold of decent cloth but I'm back paying half of what I was at one point.

Worzey - 16/5/07 at 04:06 PM

Its good to know the cost is coming down, I want to get a few more carbon bits and the cost is a barrier at the moment.