Board logo

Flush fitting numberplate lamps?
RazMan - 13/12/05 at 09:10 PM

I am looking for a flush fitting numberplate lamp (maybe a pair if appropriate)

It needs to go above a conventional UK plate in a horizontal surface.

Can anyone offer any pointers? I can't seem to find any with the usual suspects

dave dickson - 13/12/05 at 09:50 PM

Have a word at your local caravan dealer.

The rear numberplate lamps on a Bailey Senator are rectangular things about 3 or 4 inches long and maybe 1 inch wide. They sit in the horizontal panel above the recessed number plate, and sit proud of the suface by a few mm in a rubber seal.

RazMan - 13/12/05 at 10:17 PM

Sounds ideal! I'll have a sculk around the local travellers site then

omega 24 v6 - 13/12/05 at 10:24 PM

V/hall astras carltons/omegas estates all have recessed light in the tailgate handle. I might even have a pair lying in the shed but it'llbe the weekend before I can check/photo them for you. If I have a pair you can have them for the postage.

RazMan - 13/12/05 at 10:31 PM

Jolly decent of you old chap!

andyps - 13/12/05 at 10:40 PM

Rover 800 number plate lamps are flush fitting. Loads in scrap yards.

02GF74 - 14/12/05 at 10:54 AM

I don't understand what you mean by a flush fitting lamp - is the number plate recessed? It has to be otherwsie if the lamp is flush and the 'plate is on the same surface, it cannot possibly be illumintated. Just curious.

RazMan - 14/12/05 at 12:31 PM

Sorry about being so vague - the plate is indeed recessed and the lamp will be mounted in the recess 'wall' above the plate. So if the lamp sticks out more than a few mm it will obscure the plate itself hence the need for flush mounting.

02GF74 - 14/12/05 at 01:52 PM

ok; that makes sense. volvo 850 estate have two lamps in the rear tailgate handle that sine linght onto a recessed plate.

A trip to the local scarpyard should prove to be a good source - can't imagine there is much demand for such items.

tks - 15/12/05 at 09:34 PM

Willing to pay for postage and some more if needed...

i have no idea what to do anyway with the license plate of the car...

anyway i need the item in the drawing if we need the same or someone has one laying arround i'm willing to buy it..

Tks Rescued attachment naamloos.JPG
Rescued attachment naamloos.JPG

RazMan - 15/12/05 at 10:30 PM

tks - By the look of your drawing you just need a classic surface mounted Lucas style lamp like