Board logo

Haynes Roadster book
Mike400 - 29/6/07 at 01:03 PM

Received a copy of the Haynes "build your own sportscar" book last night as a birthday present

Have to say im quite impressed so far, although I havent had much time to read through it.

As ive mentioned elsewhere on the site, I want to build an MK indy, I dont really have the skill to make my own chassis as I cant weld, but the book is still useful.

Anyone on here built the haynes roadster yet? and is it much different from the earlier ron champion locosts?

scottc - 29/6/07 at 01:31 PM

I think ChrisG might have done.

jabs - 29/6/07 at 01:40 PM

Several people are in the process of building it. There is a forum for the roadster

http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1

The book has a few errors which are documented on the forum

Mike400 - 29/6/07 at 02:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by scottc
I think ChrisG might have done.

Lol yea, something tells me he *may* have built one

CAD Monkey - 29/6/07 at 02:58 PM

I say go for it and build the roadster - currently I assume you may not know how to build a car...but you'll learn!

Welding is a skill I learned through necessity (it being the mother of invention and all that) and it has saved me hundreds of pounds, and you only learn by doing new stuff!

I am biased though, I've got half my steel and am currently getting bits sorted and tacked together...

davie h - 29/6/07 at 05:38 PM

go for it i didnt even think i would have got this far after a few months. i could weld but didnt think i could be anygood at the angles and getting things square so give it a bash. the steel for this has cost me £56 so far a lot less than i thought it would be Rescued attachment DSC00178.JPG
Rescued attachment DSC00178.JPG

speedyxjs - 29/6/07 at 08:24 PM

I think there is company that sells the haynes roadster chassis so you wouldn't need to weld