Board logo

make your own NOS system
Findlay234 - 6/9/02 at 02:02 PM

This sight tells how to make your own nitous injection system, they say N2O is used as laughing gas. youll be laughing if you implement this in your car.dont know though...... could be dangerous. http://www.nitrous.info/

Smoke Two Joints - 6/9/02 at 06:19 PM

i found that site a few months ago, check out his wheelchair. http://www.dynopower.freeserve.co.uk/homepages/images_other/pub.jpg

Qaz - 8/9/02 at 08:30 PM

The swedish word for Nos is "lustgas", "laughing gas", same gas, but the gas used for car's is quite lethal.

macspeedy - 9/9/02 at 05:21 PM

check out the guys videos of olympic c**k ups very funny, anybody got any more??

matt@teamturtle - 22/9/02 at 07:21 PM

N2O is not flammable to my knowledge. It works in two ways. On compression it splits into component parts, oxygen and nitrogen.
The first is to increase oxygen content in the mixture so you can add more fuel.
Thats why it gives such a high % power gain. (You have to squirt fuel in with the gas).
Second, the nitrogen reduces inlet temperatures and acts as a cusion. This is why the increase in power doesn't need strengthening work on an engine unlike turbos etc.
It is a common misconception that it is flammable. It's not.
The reason for valves on the cylinders. remeber when you were a kid throwing aerosols on bonfires. Heat a gas in an enclosed space, i.e a cylinder, it will expand. The valve is to let the gas out safely and not rupture the cylinder.

stephen_gusterson - 22/9/02 at 08:41 PM

Nitrous has been used for yonks.

I did a bit of internet searching, and it came up that the germans used nitrous in some of their planes in ww2 for a quick spirt in combat.

atb

steve

scutter - 22/9/02 at 10:38 PM

Don't mention the war!! Loco maybe reading.

interestedparty - 23/9/02 at 06:53 AM

quote:
The swedish word for Nos is "lustgas", "laughing gas", same gas, but the gas used for car's is quite lethal.

I am guessing here, but it may be that Qaz is talking about the breathing quality of N20, since the 'laughing gas' name refers to its use as an anaesthetic

John