Board logo

Insurene and nos?
catflap - 30/5/03 at 10:14 PM

Anyone know of any kit car friendly insurence who will allow NOS?

RobS - 3/6/03 at 02:50 PM

Liverpool Victoria is the only nitrous friendly insurance Co. I know of, although people have reported limited success through Adrian Flux

Findlay234 - 3/6/03 at 03:57 PM

The man to ask would be Hicost......... cossie turbo'd with NOS........ insurance friendly???????? i think not.

Metal Hippy - 3/6/03 at 07:40 PM

I thought he'd decided not to use the nos?

Findlay234 - 4/6/03 at 08:14 AM

you may be right but i swear i saw a gas tank behind the seat at stoneleigh

catflap - 4/6/03 at 05:30 PM

flux wont touch it (im already with them)

As for the cozzy? is he with road sure? (they wont do Fireblade cars)

catflap - 4/6/03 at 07:22 PM

Just got of the phone to flux again, and they say they do NOS, but I need to call back tomorrow.

Seems you talk to people on the phone and half of them don’t know what they are talking about, even when you ask to speak t a manager they still don’t understand you, having to explain that it’s a motorcycle engine in a car

So is it a ford sir?

No it’s a cbr900 , a motorbike engine, put into a car

Is it a ford sir?
LOL

Gilesey - 17/6/03 at 11:41 AM

I had NOS insurance on my FTO, through http://www.graham-sykes.co.uk/ but it was expensive (1495 fully comp, usually my FTO insurance is 800)

I never really got that nos working right (the trouble with fitting it yourself!).

The main trouble with NOS is the hassle of refilling. A 5lb bottle would last about 2 minutes of use at 50bhp jets.

good thing about cars that weigh less than 500kgs is that 50bhp = 100bhp in an equivalent family car!

So you could just add 25bhp jets and the bottle would last longer, and you'd get some good speed out of it.