Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Bushes????????
Garethmog

posted on 8/11/21 at 08:42 PM Reply With Quote
Bushes????????

Good Evening, my brother in law has just bought a locost and we are struggling to find the correct bushes for it. It seems to have been built in line with the manual but all the bushes on eBay are too big has we have found out.

The book shows 20mm round tube at the mounting points but we can’t find a 25mm bush that states it for a locost. The book says to use triumph hereld bushes but the spares shop doesn’t list them.

Any help greatly appreciated

pmc_3

posted on 8/11/21 at 08:55 PM Reply With Quote
Plenty of places sell Polybushes for Spitfire/Herald. I've got some Spitfire wishbone bushes in the garage as my car uses Triumph front suspension, I haven't fitted them yet so if you want me to check any measurements I can.

[Edited on 8/11/21 by pmc_3]

Sanzomat

posted on 9/11/21 at 12:56 PM Reply With Quote
I have 16nr that are currently surplus to my needs so enough for both ends of four wishbones.

These were removed from my Locost when I altered the geometry and went rose jointed. I'm assuming they were sized to the book but maybe not as there were plenty of things on mine a bit different - IRS rear for one. My wishbones were made with 32mm od bush tubes, 25 id so must be 3.5 wall thickness. The bushes are 25mm od, 13mm id for an M10 id crush tube with 1.5mm walls. The top hats are 32mm to match the tube by 6mm wide. Crush tubes 48mm long. Wishbone end tubes are 36mm long (36+6+6=48 total). All measurement taken with ruler not calipers so might be a little out. Condition is used but pretty good - no obvious wear. Red polyeurethane.

If these are any use to you u2u me an offer. 16 pairs of bushes and crush tubes in total. I think the crush tubes are stainless - they aren't rusty anyway!. I might have to have a hunt for them all though!!!

[Edited on 9/11/21 by Sanzomat]

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.