Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Mapping problems
matt_gsxr

posted on 13/4/10 at 09:44 PM Reply With Quote
The sampling of the MAP is a bit complicated as it is confounded by the sampling rate of the datalogs (which is much lower than that of the calculations).

The actual output will be based on all the MAP samples it sees, which (on average) will be a smoothed MAP curve (but with noise). I don't think that this could give you the bias in the AFR that you have seen under different acceleration conditions.

Sorting the MAP to give a nice smooth function can only help.

Have you considered monitoring the pressure in the plenum. There is an option for a second pressure sensor in the MS. I think that could be a useful hidden variable.

Matt

[Edited on 13/4/10 by matt_gsxr]

flak monkey

posted on 14/4/10 at 07:15 AM Reply With Quote
OK, I will look at finding a small filter of some description and see if it helps with the smoothing as well. Like you say it can only be a good thing anyway.

Compared to the current release code, the map in the alpha code is probably 50% smoother with the new algorithm. I dont have any comparison datalogs handy though.

I could probably measure the air pressure in the plenum too yes, I'll look into it.

Thanks,
David

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

flak monkey

posted on 14/4/10 at 10:01 AM Reply With Quote
Just spoken to Omex, and they run blended TPS and MAP when they see problems like this and they have on supercharged duratec and zetecs running individual throttle bodies. So it is the way to go by the looks of it....

I still may change to omex this winter depending on how the squirt goes this summer....

Sera

atspeed racing

posted on 14/4/10 at 01:09 PM Reply With Quote
you'll now probably kick yourself to know we have recently finished a group buy on omex600 ecus, which were 499.99 inc vat and included 1 hour free mapping.

perhaps once our trader status and site advertising gets sorted out we could arrange another one on here if theres enough interest?

- colin.

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
flak monkey

posted on 15/4/10 at 01:58 PM Reply With Quote
Dammit, never mind though.

Am going to persevere with the MS for a little while yet, and then think about changing this winter if I need to.

I have just ordered a smaller supercharger pulley which should arrive tomorrow which should take me up to around 12psi of boost. Then I just need to sort out my tensioner to stop that slipping, change the oil and we are away for a full on mapping session.

David

Sera

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.