Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: More progress, again. Play spot the SVA failure....
Simon

posted on 14/6/07 at 11:40 PM Reply With Quote
David,

Was gonna mention the top wishbone mounting brackets. Do front and back - they were one of my failure points, and for the sake of 5 mins, I wouldn't recommend chancing it

Re the headlight mountings, I cut mine so I could run the wires inside the mounting tube, then put grommet in hole underneath.

Nice job too!

ATB

Simon

[Edited on 14/6/07 by Simon]

flak monkey

posted on 15/6/07 at 06:08 AM Reply With Quote
SVA is booked, but I am awaiting confirmation of my date. Hopefully early July, was offered the 28th June, but can make it due to uni commitments.

The toggle switches are well within the exempt area, they are actually all behind the steering wheel.

The foam profile did just the job on the bottom of the dash, thanks Steve. The rest was re-padded with 8mm camping mat.

I have now covered the front wishbone brackets, the rear ones dont really stick out much at all, and I can get any trim on them.

Have covered the headlight threads with self amalgamating tape for now. I find it unlikely that the tester will get his ball in under where the headlights are to even touch the thread. Exposed front suspension should only be tested for projections from the front anyway according to the manual, though many testers dont seem to pay attention to that....

David

I plan on taking a boot full of trim and bits to cover anything that might be found...

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

DarrenW

posted on 15/6/07 at 08:58 AM Reply With Quote
I hate doing this as its such a tidy job. Any comments will be from Gosforth perspective Im not saying they are a fail but something to consider.

1. Headlight threads.
2. Stg rack extensions - hex visible.
3. Adhesive tape holding the covers before 2. - i wasnt allowed to use sticky tape.
4. Couldnt see how the steering intermediate shaft was connected to steering column - i had to fit longer pinch bolt and lock nut.
5. Gear knob.
6. Steering wheel - check spokes rad and fixing bolts. May need a crash pad over or Sierra wheel fitting. I got away with aftermarket wheel but had to fit collapsible boss behind it.
7. Couldnt see the screw hole bosses for rear lights - i had to fill with clear silicon. I also had to increase the rad around the fog light housing.

It is a very very nice car. Cant wait to see it for real.

matt.c

posted on 15/6/07 at 09:03 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by flak monkey
SVA is booked, but I am awaiting confirmation of my date. Hopefully early July, was offered the 28th June, but can make it due to uni commitments.

The toggle switches are well within the exempt area, they are actually all behind the steering wheel.

The foam profile did just the job on the bottom of the dash, thanks Steve. The rest was re-padded with 8mm camping mat.

I have now covered the front wishbone brackets, the rear ones dont really stick out much at all, and I can get any trim on them.

Have covered the headlight threads with self amalgamating tape for now. I find it unlikely that the tester will get his ball in under where the headlights are to even touch the thread. Exposed front suspension should only be tested for projections from the front anyway according to the manual, though many testers dont seem to pay attention to that....

David

I plan on taking a boot full of trim and bits to cover anything that might be found...

Dont you mean matt will be taking a boot full of trim, kitchen sink, plunger!!!

flak monkey

posted on 16/6/07 at 06:28 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DarrenW

3. Adhesive tape holding the covers before 2. - i wasnt allowed to use sticky tape.
4. Couldnt see how the steering intermediate shaft was connected to steering column - i had to fit longer pinch bolt and lock nut.

It is a very very nice car. Cant wait to see it for real.

The tape is self amalgamting tape, not insulating tape and should, in theory, be OK as you need a tool to remove it i.e. a knife, you cant just peel it off like normal tape. I have wrapped the extensions in that too.

I have put a lock nut on the column pinch bolt already

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.