Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: 750mc race meeting at Anglesey 7-8 June.
mawmaw

posted on 10/6/08 at 05:56 AM Reply With Quote
circuit

Summary of the circuit.
As you will see from Ali's footage. interesting circuit, lots going on, only restbite is a longish straight with a kink in it, i imagine a tow would be critical in a locost. the rest of it a mix of about 11 corners all slightly different from each other, makes a slight change from Mallory!
The Paddock was too small but we all fitted in, problem is all the not so locosters with Bouncy castles and monster trucks took up all the room.
Definitely bring your own stuff, only things you could buy were beer and food and tyres!

mawmaw

posted on 10/6/08 at 06:01 AM Reply With Quote
Kits

Summary of my weekend
3 races, 5th, 5th, 6th and second in class in all. Learnt a seconds worth from the second session on friday to the final race, Started on 18.5's and finished on 17.4's. Hated the circuit to start with then sat myself down and told myself I was 30 bhp down and stop being a prat and started to enjoy it. Had a great battle with a variety of class C cars and have nearly repaired to evidence, off for a spray on Thursday once i have finished with the filler and resin, oops! at least Jim Goodwin was OK about it and the official blamed the wrong car!

procomp

posted on 10/6/08 at 07:52 AM Reply With Quote
Hi the results are up.

LOCOST RESULTS

RGB RESULTS

KIT RESULTS

BIKESPORTS RESULTS

A quick mention for some of the racers off the forum. Stevezoid #39 in locost. had a very impresive days testing on the friday. Followed by his highest qualifying position so far followed by his highest race finish so far.

Also in locost SIMES43 #43 no suprise to see him at the front as usual But with two more wins he's looking good for a championship win.

MAWMAW #71 in kits. Considering you had a STD engine and where 30hp down in the class. You held up well And had a good race. Although i think you had to work for it. ( Ps did you find your slave battery )

And finaly Prodgers #7 in RGB. Now i did not get the chance to see much of the RGB racing. But others said you had a good race . But i see the results show another two convincing class wins. And 5th OA in the first race and a podium 3rd OA in the second race.

Cheers Matt

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
82 Locost

posted on 10/6/08 at 09:09 AM Reply With Quote
I had a disasterous weekend. The power cable to my fuel pump broke during the first race and I had 3 laps of ''throttle-stuck-open'' in the second.

Great track, but there didn't seem to be a lot of grip around. The wide track made overtaking easy and gentlemanly racing possible. Another meeting with NO damage to the car.

simes43

posted on 10/6/08 at 01:15 PM Reply With Quote
101 Race drivers book of excuses number 43.

I missed the last lap board by looking at the wrong marshalls post on the pit wall for the last three laps of the first race while leading waiting for it to come out, gifting Dec the win!

Sadly I have done it before.........

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.