Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Imobliser
Findlay234

posted on 15/6/03 at 07:56 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers for the info mike, ill look into it. On the subject of taking too much time, well im definately doing this as second project to the car, sorry to those of you who want one, i probably could have got the protoype done already if id dropped the rest of my life.

Cheers

B3Saxo

posted on 16/6/03 at 08:32 PM Reply With Quote
I had a digital keypad imobiliser in my old saxo.

it was a 98 reg.

It ahd all sorts of functions. Might be to complicated. as it controlled the ECU.

To much work!

Another quality post from B3Saxo!

DaveFJ

posted on 17/7/03 at 12:37 PM Reply With Quote
Any progress/update on this Findlay234 ??
Bob da builder

posted on 5/9/03 at 07:50 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Findlay

how you doing m8.
well im back off my holiday and building again!! just wondering how the imobliser is doing??? if its complete are you going to donnington? i will be there on the sunday maybe meet up with the cash?? will email you my contact details.

Take it easy mate,,
rob

Findlay234

posted on 22/9/03 at 10:37 AM Reply With Quote
Hi guys, sorry just got back from a nice long trip to thailand and off to uni in two days so dont have the imob ready but hope to take it to uni and get some of the boffs to help me get over a couple of problems ive been having. Mainly due to suitable circuit damping, im worried about interference when in a car. Im doing mechanical engineering so there should be a fair amount of people willing to help, also means i wont be able to do anything on the car at the moment.

Cheers.

mad4x4

posted on 7/10/03 at 01:09 PM Reply With Quote
Find and OLD Mazda Rx 7 They have a simple imobiliers that works off of a key fob that attaches to the key ring. This just has to be present on the keyring ... No touching it agains contacts etc.

Black box under dash and a aeiral up into column.

Couple of earths to sensors or door switches etc.

Whole system made by thatch I think.

Scot's do it better in Kilts.

MK INDY's Don't Self Centre Regardless of MK Setting !

Brooky

posted on 8/10/03 at 11:57 AM Reply With Quote
try this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2 436400162&category=15329
got one on mine with the sensor on the tunnel , so i just put my keys in my pocket - sit in the car and the immobilser disarms. And it passed sva with no ignition key.

mad4x4

posted on 14/10/03 at 10:26 AM Reply With Quote
Similar principle to the Rx7 one. Except I got mime for a fiver and not £50 but atleast you get the wiring diagram.

Brooky

posted on 14/10/03 at 04:22 PM Reply With Quote
And thatcham cat 2 approval
mad4x4

posted on 16/10/03 at 11:10 AM Reply With Quote
Do you need the offical bit of paper saying CAT 2 approved.

I thought they were only approved if fitted by a recognised installer not by DIY.

Brooky

posted on 17/10/03 at 10:26 AM Reply With Quote
SVA just wants some form of anti theft device, it can be a concealed switch.
It came with the certificate in the box just needing to be filled out, and it was fitted as standard by the vehicle manufacturer, (not some blithering idiot with a soldering iron and some sticky tape - oh hang on it was fitted by a blithering idiot , me!)

sgraber

posted on 19/10/03 at 03:56 PM Reply With Quote
I have found a much less expensive and stealthier immobiliser that appears to be very effective. It uses a hidden magenetic reed switch and a magnet as the key technology.

This was published December 1, 1998 in the AutoSpeed Magazine. (Aus)

Here's some text from that article:

quote:
If wiring up a couple of relays doesn't worry you and you can handle a soldering iron and a multimeter, this immobiliser is for you.

You only need a:

-12 volt heavy duty car relay;
-12 volt Double Pole Double Throw (DPDT) relay;
-12 volt flashing LED;
-reed switch that closes when a magnet is nearby;
-pushbutton that opens when pushed;
-broken remote from a car alarm;
-and a magnet.

Most of these bits and pieces you can get from an electronics shop.

Like all immobilisers, this one shuts down the car's EFI or ignition system. But what's different about ours is that if the thief steals your keys (with the remote control attached), he still can't drive away with your car. That makes it just about unique!

So how does it work?

The guts of the remote transmitter case are removed and the magnet is placed inside. The circular magnet from a tiny speaker has been used here. When you enter the car, you casually swipe the transmitter case past a special place within the car's cabin. This place might be on the centre console, a part of the dashboard - pretty well anywhere. Hidden behind the area that you swipe is the reed switch - a switch that is sensitive to magnetic fields. The swiping triggers the reed switch that in turn switches off the immobiliser.

Because the reed switch is located behind the plastic of the dash or centre console, there's nothing to see. The swiping movement can be quite natural - part of your hand movement as you put on your seatbelt or settle yourself in the seat. That means that even if a potential thief is watching you closely, he doesn't get any clues.The remote (at right) triggers the reed switch (left) whenever it comes close. Only you know the location of the reed switch!

When you want to arm the immobiliser, you press the button. The pushbutton can be in complete view - the thief gains nothing by ripping it out and either disconnecting the wires or bridging them. When you press the button, the on-dash LED starts to flash, indicating the car is now immobilised. It also reminds you to switch off the system when you re-enter the car.
>

This is a Link to the complete Article url-workds now....

Hope this can help someone!

Graber

[Edited on 10/19/03 by sgraber]

Steve Graber
http://www.grabercars.com/

"Quickness through lightness"

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Spyderman

posted on 19/10/03 at 04:20 PM Reply With Quote
the link won't work without you adding the h to the start of the address.

Spyderman

JoelP

posted on 19/10/03 at 05:45 PM Reply With Quote
save you the effort...

http://www.autospeed.com.au/A_0059/cms/article.html

sgraber

posted on 19/10/03 at 08:13 PM Reply With Quote
aw shite!

Gotta test those URls

Steve Graber
http://www.grabercars.com/

"Quickness through lightness"

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
JoelP

posted on 19/10/03 at 08:17 PM Reply With Quote
a good article though! worth the shuffle...!

might try getting the old head round it one day!

Bob da builder

posted on 14/12/03 at 05:18 PM Reply With Quote
Just made one of the relay type/ reed switch immoblisers. Superb!!! easy to make and works a treat! if i think on i will put on a copy of the wireing diagaram and my own which makes things even easier... even i understood it and i HATE electrics!!! cant take the credit, mate in the pup drew it!!!
well worth the £15 or so that i cost to make, and thats with all new bits!

take it easy,
rob

<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.