Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: The MK Indy
Kelvin

posted on 11/1/07 at 02:17 PM Reply With Quote
Ta muchly
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
mark_mcd

posted on 11/1/07 at 06:11 PM Reply With Quote
so what are the changes over the old setup? is this talk of the camber etc all sorted out?
dilley

posted on 28/3/07 at 05:43 PM Reply With Quote
Is ther much room lost under the bonnet /nosecone compared to the old indy?? can anyone post a pic of each to compare???
martyn_16v

posted on 28/3/07 at 08:14 PM Reply With Quote
This has had the bulkheads moved back about 3 inches. The tunnel area is still a pretty tight fit but there's a bit of space in front of the engine, dont know how useable the space will turn out to be though. I haven't offered up any of the bodywork yet to see how much room there is, but obviously you'll lose a bit of space in the nosecone where the shocks are now.

matt.c

posted on 28/3/07 at 09:44 PM Reply With Quote
martyn_16v

Which master cylinder are you using on the new spec-r?

Have you had any fouling problems with it?

Cheers

matt

martyn_16v

posted on 29/3/07 at 07:44 PM Reply With Quote
I did have a problem with the one off my sierra donor, it has a mounting lug coming off the underside which fouls on the lower chassis rail. I had a look at a couple being built up at MK a couple of weeks ago, they had a different sierra m/c to the one I had that fits OK, although there is a fairly tight bend on the front brake line as soon as it leaves the union to clear the chassis rail. I'm using a mk2 golf master cylinder now, I had one kicking about in the garage so I offered it up and it fits much better, the outlets are all pointing upwards and there's 4 of them if you buy a new one. The only thing I do need to do to it is chop down the nose the pedal pushrod fits into, it's a bit on the long side.
matt.c

posted on 29/3/07 at 08:01 PM Reply With Quote
Do you know which one MK are using? Is it a willwood or something else?

Also have you got anymore build pics?

[Edited on 29/3/07 by matt.c]

martyn_16v

posted on 29/3/07 at 10:27 PM Reply With Quote
It was a sierra one they use, just not the same one as mine came with. I think i've seen three different master cylinders on sierras so far, two of them look like they'll go on fine, just not mine Never mind, got a shiny new one now and it was cheaper than a recon sierra job.

Build pics here, I think i've got some more recent ones to get around to uploading. Despite working with cameras for a living my pictures are pap though

<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.