Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: GRP Seats
welshy

posted on 23/9/09 at 12:04 PM Reply With Quote
GRP Seats

I am after a pair of GRP seats for my slender 16stone frame. I am preferably after a pair of JK Composite N4246 which appear on here occasionally because they are too large for std locosts.

Cheers
Ben (Leeds)

I am not Welsh!!!!!!!!!!

marmot0

posted on 23/9/09 at 12:08 PM Reply With Quote
Hi I have a pair of JK composite seats for sale
they are the ones for the striker, dimensions on their website
Cheers

hobbsy

posted on 23/9/09 at 01:38 PM Reply With Quote
I'd hazard a guess that these aren't the one's he's after as Strikers are one of the smaller cars on the inside? Similar to a narrow bodied westy etc?

Correct me if I'm wrong.

cd.thomson

posted on 23/9/09 at 01:53 PM Reply With Quote
any pics and prices marmot? I've spotted the seats on the site, theyre the narrowest ones. U2U me

[Edited on 23/9/09 by cd.thomson]

Craig

skippad

posted on 23/9/09 at 02:19 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by marmot0
Cheers

I thought u sold seats?
i'm still interested

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
001Ben

posted on 23/9/09 at 07:40 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by marmot0
Cheers

i'd be interested too

marmot0

posted on 23/9/09 at 08:53 PM Reply With Quote
Hi
I am afarid they have now been sold

welshy

posted on 24/9/09 at 11:13 AM Reply With Quote
Well i missed out on those although they seemed a little narrow. That will teach me to subscribe to a post i have posted.

I am still after a pair of seats... any one else got any?

Cheers
Ben

I am not Welsh!!!!!!!!!!

cd.thomson

posted on 24/9/09 at 11:24 AM Reply With Quote
theres a special offer on a medium set of seats from JK composites at the minute if you're interested? £175 delivered rather than £250

[Edited on 24/9/09 by cd.thomson]

Craig

welshy

posted on 24/9/09 at 11:39 AM Reply With Quote
Craig,

Thanks for the reply. Where did you get the info from as i have been on their website and it doesn't mention anything about it?
The website is quite basic. Do you know which style of seat they were offering the GT or the Seven Style?
In the mean time i think i need to measure the width of my a$$.
Cheers
Ben

[Edited on 24/9/09 by welshy]

I am not Welsh!!!!!!!!!!

cd.thomson

posted on 24/9/09 at 11:47 AM Reply With Quote
>>LINKY<<

Craig

welshy

posted on 24/9/09 at 12:05 PM Reply With Quote
i did actually send them a message about these seats through ebay last night and have yet to have a reply.
I have just tried to measure my hip width and it is about 38cm where as the one on offer is 39cm... might be a little snug. I am 6ft 3 so really i need a higher back. Thanks for the info though and if you come across any more then please let me know.

Cheers
Ben

I am not Welsh!!!!!!!!!!

tul214

posted on 24/9/09 at 05:05 PM Reply With Quote
Guys,

I am in on this deal;
seat bulk buy

Anyone else?

Mark

1.6 Raw Super6 sold

welshy

posted on 24/9/09 at 08:22 PM Reply With Quote
I would certainly consider it if the postage was included.

I am not Welsh!!!!!!!!!!

tul214

posted on 25/9/09 at 10:51 PM Reply With Quote
Guys,

This is the deal ;
"normal price of seat is £75.00 each 10% off £65.50,normal price for 5 piece vinyl covered pad sets £49.00 each seat 10% off £44.10,normal price for 2 piece upholstery £40.00 each seat 10% off £36.00, we are in southport merseyside PR8 4JR, delivery UK Main land normaly £25.00 3 pair to same address £40.00.

John who is sorting this lives in Lincoln. I am in Beverley but work in Leeds.

Are you in?

Cheers
Mark.

1.6 Raw Super6 sold

welshy

posted on 27/9/09 at 04:35 PM Reply With Quote
Which seats are included in the offer? Are the N4246 as these are normally £190 per pair?

I am not Welsh!!!!!!!!!!

jdominicd

posted on 27/9/09 at 06:30 PM Reply With Quote
jk seats bulk bulk buy

HI Welshy I am a tiger owner and have managed to get a 10% discount on the seats offered by JK, originally posted on the tiger forum. I have 4 people interesed and will be ordering soon. If there are more of us might be able to get a further discount, as far as I know will be on any seats, if your interested can you send me an e-mail on jdominicd@hotmail.com.
cheers
john

jdominicd

posted on 28/9/09 at 07:40 PM Reply With Quote
Welshy
Following on from my previous thread, Mark is going over to JK next week to pick up 1 striker seat and one slightly larger seat to see if they will fit in our cars. The 10% discountis on any seat and padding! To get the discount you need to give me your name and address and then I will forward this on to Keith at JK then when your ready ring him give him your name and that you are part of the bulk buy and get your 10% off.
I am ordering mine in the next few weeks.
Keith has also said if we have one delivery address for all the seats he will charge £8 per set.
Got to be worth it let me know by e-mail
Cheers
John

franky

posted on 28/9/09 at 07:48 PM Reply With Quote
how many orders to get a further discount?
jdominicd

posted on 29/9/09 at 07:19 AM Reply With Quote
Dont know have 6 people who are interested at the moment, I can ask Keith at JK. Why are you interested?
John

welshy

posted on 29/9/09 at 12:10 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry for the late reply.

The size of the seat is not an issue for me as i am not actually building a locost. I sold my Locost project to fund the one below.

!LINK!

The offer is very tempting, actually extremely tempting, but i will struggle to get enough money together at short notice as i have just spent a small fortune on GRP Flip front, doors, arches for my project above.
HOWEVER....Keep me informed and if i can prise the visa card from my wife's Kung fu like grip whilst drunk in front of the computer then i may become number 7.

Being like a Dragon, if it was a 20% discount i would definately be in. 15% (i.e. vat free) i would be on the fence... swaying.

Cheers
Ben

I am not Welsh!!!!!!!!!!

welshy

posted on 29/9/09 at 12:10 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry for the late reply.

The size of the seat is not an issue for me as i am not actually building a locost. I sold my Locost project to fund the one below.

!LINK!

The offer is very tempting, actually extremely tempting, but i will struggle to get enough money together at short notice as i have just spent a small fortune on GRP Flip front, doors, arches for my project above.
HOWEVER....Keep me informed and if i can prise the visa card from my wife's Kung fu like grip whilst drunk in front of the computer then i may become number 7.

Being like a Dragon, if it was a 20% discount i would definately be in. 15% (i.e. vat free) i would be on the fence... swaying.

Cheers
Ben

I am not Welsh!!!!!!!!!!

jdominicd

posted on 29/9/09 at 12:55 PM Reply With Quote
Start swaying the prices ARE VAT free and if we can get 10 people then he WILL give us 15% off. Who wears the trousers in your house I know in mine it is my girlfriend. Played a blinder though ,she has agreed to sprint next year so now it is OUR hobby. Got to be cleverer than them!!!
Need firm orders e.g send me your name and address to the e-mail address above. I have got 3 definates and waiting for you plus 3 more as I have 7 people interested. Am advertising the deal elsewhere as well as we need the magic 10.
Let me know

welshy

posted on 29/9/09 at 01:06 PM Reply With Quote
the prices aren't vat free it is just included in the price. I was trying to say if he removes the vat i.e 15% then i'd be swaying. He has, so count me in as one of the 10. I will adverise it on a couple of mini sites. How many for 20%, its worth asking?

I am not Welsh!!!!!!!!!!

jdominicd

posted on 29/9/09 at 07:18 PM Reply With Quote
Ben
Are you saying that your not in at 10% discount!
I asked Keith this morning how many we needed for a further discount and he said 10 for the 15%.
I have 4 definates with 3 others including youself interested.
I have also posted elsewhere.
The problem is where do you stop, The 4 of us want to order soon, the problem is getting people to commit, Keith needs the names and addresses.
As you can imagine anyone could ring him and tell him he has 10 mates wanting to buy them which never materialise.
I am happy to stop at 10 for 15% discount.
I think it will be difficult and too long to get any more than that. If you know different then I am more than happy to re-negotiate but having 7 people with only 4 people actually wanting to buy 100% and have given me their names and addresses.
Its difficult getting people to commit I understand where you are coming from as i always like a deal the cheaper the better. If you can get a firm answer from your mini forum and people are willing to give you there names and addresses let me know.
One of the blokes who wants some is going across to JK next week and bringing 2 different sized seats back for us to trial fit. We will then order some at the end of next week.
Let me know what you think.
Cheers
John

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.