Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: MNR Cycle wings and brackets
rob2005

posted on 4/10/09 at 05:31 PM Reply With Quote
MNR Cycle wings and brackets

Just got back from a gentle drive (im not being sarcastic it was gentle) along the south Wales coastline and on my way home my cycle arch bracket (the tubular bar) decided to snap in half thus leaving it dragging on the floor.

This is the second time ive had issues with them and ive now had enough and want them gone.

Im looking for ones which arent going to cover the whole wheel as they vibrate badly but thought id get the winter out of them atleast.

I would lke to replace the wings and the brackets but i have no knowledge on 7 style cycle wings at all so im unsure if i can buy brackets along with the arches.

Fortune favours the brave!!

Ben_Copeland

posted on 4/10/09 at 06:17 PM Reply With Quote
Cant you just beef up the cycle wing brackets?

Theres loads of wings on ebay. Most manufactures are similar shape. Its only MNR that are that different.

If you want to get rid of your wings and brackets U2U me cos i really like that style and be willing to take them off your hands

[Edited on 4/10/09 by Ben_Copeland]

Ben

Locost Map on Google Maps

Z20LET Astra Turbo, into a Haynes Roadster

Enter Your Details Here
http://www.facebook.com/EquinoxProducts for all your bodywork needs!

Steve Hignett

posted on 4/10/09 at 06:25 PM Reply With Quote
You're best mentioning which uprights you have on your car as this will dictate which wingstays to use...

As for Wings themselves, these are off my old car and are my favourite for LSIS's

sonic

posted on 4/10/09 at 06:59 PM Reply With Quote
I had the exact same problem with my MNR type brackets,there very poor!

Buy a set of brackets and wings from MK who make the Indy wings and they are spot on,easy to fit and alot stronger,never had a problem after that

daniel mason

posted on 4/10/09 at 07:20 PM Reply With Quote
i think the mnr wing stays have been re-designed. mine are absolutely solid with no vibration at all. the stays seem very robust Rescued attachment mnrbl.jpg
Rescued attachment mnrbl.jpg

Davey D

posted on 4/10/09 at 08:04 PM Reply With Quote
i started a thread on this a few months back how i modified mine, as they started to crack, and wobble about after 2 months/600 miles.

i took some pictures to show what i did

http://locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=117393

rob2005

posted on 4/10/09 at 08:26 PM Reply With Quote
These look superb.

quote:
Originally posted by Steve Hignett
You're best mentioning which uprights you have on your car as this will dictate which wingstays to use...

As for Wings themselves, these are off my old car and are my favourite for LSIS's

Steve Hignett

posted on 4/10/09 at 08:28 PM Reply With Quote
Couple more pics here:

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=90282

jambo

posted on 4/10/09 at 09:14 PM Reply With Quote
chris at mnr sorted me out with a pair of new design brackets,they do seem better.
TimC

posted on 5/10/09 at 07:06 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by daniel mason
i think the mnr wing stays have been re-designed. mine are absolutely solid with no vibration at all. the stays seem very robust

Unless you changed them, you have Procomp's wingstays on your car. I got shot of the MNR ones as I thought they were garbage!

Gergely

posted on 5/10/09 at 07:49 AM Reply With Quote
We have done exactly the same thing as DaveyD. An L shaped stainless strip that bolts onto the top of the upright, and is bolted to the top of the arch. Perfect. No wobble and no cracks.
Before you replace your arches, remember that the more tyre they cover, the better protection they give. I agree, some small arches look great but I wonder how well they keep stones off the driver and the rear arches...
Gergely

Our build pictures

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
rob2005

posted on 5/10/09 at 01:03 PM Reply With Quote
Hmmmmm not sure what to do, may for the moment weld them again and add the bracket.

Definately going to replace the wings and stays though but not having much luck finding any.

Definately love the look of the Carbon Mods GSR wings, not sure what brackets/stays i will need to use however or what ones will be suitable for the MNR inboard set up.

daniel mason

posted on 5/10/09 at 05:34 PM Reply With Quote
i changed them as the ones on it were not correct for the wrap around arches. my stays are very solid!
i had also gone from 13" rims to 15" rims so they had to be changed

[Edited on 5/10/09 by daniel mason]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.