Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Experienced auto-electrical advice needed
JohnN

posted on 18/10/09 at 09:55 PM Reply With Quote
Experienced auto-electrical advice needed

I attach a photo of one half of a 12 pin multi connector on a car headlight. It is the male half and the connector pins are fixed in the white block, which itself seems to have been pushed into place in the main black moulded headlight body, where it appears to have "snapped" into place with some kind of latch

I cannot get access to the rear of this white block, but want to insert an additional pin and swap some wires around

Does anybody know if there is a clever "gadget" that will release the latch and pull the white block out so's I can add another pin and swap some around.

Alternatively can another pin be fixed from the front? Are these "fit and forget", or are they serviceable?

The white block has the name "Hella" embossed on it

Description
Description

lsdweb

posted on 19/10/09 at 06:20 AM Reply With Quote
John

It looks like the white piece with all the holes may come off - that could then show you the tags that hold the pins in place.

Wyn

JohnN

posted on 19/10/09 at 06:37 AM Reply With Quote
The pins are held in the white piece. There are some purple plastic pins that I can see through the big holes at the side that may be key to un-latching the block
RAYLEE29

posted on 19/10/09 at 12:55 PM Reply With Quote
HI it doesnt look glued together so as it has been assembled it should be able to be dissasembled the key will be to get the white block out then you can get the pins out
Ray

craig1410

posted on 19/10/09 at 01:28 PM Reply With Quote
Hi,
Looks to me as if the white block will slide forwards and out of the backshell. The trick will be finding the little tabs which are holding it in position and then springing them to allow the white block to move. I expect you will then find that the pins are just fitted to the back of the white block and should be removable, again by springing the little tabs.

I often use a large sewing needle to probe between the white block and black backshell on similar connectors to feel for the release tabs.

Good luck,
Craig.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.