Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Get your car on the rolling road - Portsmouth
Jenko

posted on 21/2/10 at 09:15 AM Reply With Quote
Get your car on the rolling road - Portsmouth

Hi All,

If anyone fancies getting their car on the rolling road for a power run, we (bunch of Westfield Owners) are having a club day on the 6th March at JKM in Portsmouth...Anyone would be more than welcome....£35 gets you a power run, and tea and biscuits......Friendly bunch of people.....Give me a shout if you fancy it...

Paul.

MY BLOG - http://westfieldv8.blogspot.co.uk/

robocog

posted on 21/2/10 at 09:30 AM Reply With Quote
Count me in :-)

Is it best of 3 runs again?
Pay on the day?

Regards
Rob

From the last one I went to there ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUjE9kOptPc&feature=player_embedded

[Edited on 21/2/10 by robocog]

leemarkadams

posted on 21/2/10 at 09:59 AM Reply With Quote
May be able to make it.......will have to see. Can I just turn upo on the day and I assume they will cater for a BEC?

Lee

scootz

posted on 21/2/10 at 10:46 AM Reply With Quote
Bloody hell... can BEC owners not just have tea and biscuits like everyone else!?

It's Evolution Baby!

leemarkadams

posted on 21/2/10 at 01:49 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scootz
Bloody hell... can BEC owners not just have tea and biscuits like everyone else!?

They need a special diet.......CECs

ashg

posted on 21/2/10 at 02:37 PM Reply With Quote
i have never seen the point of putting a car on a rr unless it is to tune it, check its fuelling/running correctly.

just seems a bit silly to put a car on the rollers and then rag the hell out of it without checking its set-up properly.

i know so many people that have been to these kind of days and come home with broken engines its unreal.

Anything With Tits or Wheels Will cost you MONEY!!

Haynes Roadster (Finished)
Exocet (Finished & Sold)
New Project (Started)

robocog

posted on 21/2/10 at 07:51 PM Reply With Quote
JKM (the rolling road operators) are IMHO not the type that would just rag an engine that is not setup safely

They VERY carefully monitor what is going on before and during each run (not shown on my short video clip)

The dyno printout they produce shows AFRs which I would assume are a LOT more accurate than my wideband does and if they allow me to log on my laptop again I will be interested to see how far out my JAW is compared to their VERY expensive wideband setup

I'm not having a go or anything, just standing up for JKM who are not only thoroughly approachable, nice and helpful chaps, but are completely pro in their work and believe they are regarded quite highly amongst other tuning outfits/RR operators

I'm up for it and can completely see the point in it
a: because it will be relatively cheap fun informative day out with a bunch of like minded people
b: there's tea and biscuits
c: I NEED to know my cars fuelling is safe (now I have changed the engine and gone EFI) and would like to see if I can really rely on the wideband I am using under load
d: I want to see how much power my car is putting out because I have very little else to brag about in the pub
e: put a number of extra horses that the new engine and setup have added
I know I can noticeably feel them, just don't know how many more it has gained

Did I mention the tea and biscuits?

Regards
Rob

Jenko

posted on 21/2/10 at 08:07 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ashg
i have never seen the point of putting a car on a rr unless it is to tune it, check its fuelling/running correctly.

just seems a bit silly to put a car on the rollers and then rag the hell out of it without checking its set-up properly.

i know so many people that have been to these kind of days and come home with broken engines its unreal.

And to following on from Robs well weighted comments.......

You get three runs, and the best is printed out showing you the power curve, Torque, and AFR....

The car is not 'ragged' it's taken up to a predetermined red line (exactly like you do on the road)..It just sounds bad because you are in an enclosed space....If you know people who have destroyed their engines, then there was something wrong with the engine!!!...

Robs pretty much listed all the benifits, so I won't go over it again.....needless to say, you are shooting yourself in the foot thinking of rolling roads like you do....Would recommend trying one one day....

Right then...Rob as per lat time, you are of course more than welcome...and yep, it's pay on the day....Lee, no worries with BEC's - always nice to see different cars, and there may well be some other becs.....

Will post times etc, and hopefully see you there.....I think kick off is 9:00am, but need to check....

Jenko

posted on 23/2/10 at 09:06 AM Reply With Quote
Right then.....Kick off at JKM is 9:00am (Sat 6th March)......

Directions can be found here:

http://www.jkm.org.uk/performance/contact.htm

[Edited on 23/2/10 by Jenko]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.