Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Roll bar height and angles (from chassis)
derf

posted on 6/5/04 at 11:48 AM Reply With Quote
Roll bar height and angles (from chassis)

I am going to get my roll bar bent tommorow, and am kinda unshure about the specs I should give the shop. It will be a bolt in affair, so I really dont have to worry about it being to small or too big, I plant to have a 2nd one made for racing. I want something that looks good.

1. How tall from from the chassis should it be?
2. Also I dont want it to be straight up and down, what angle should the vertical bars sit at?

[Edited on 6/5/04 by derf]

twentyover

posted on 12/5/04 at 08:01 PM Reply With Quote
Maybe try to match the angle if the windscreen? for aesthetics, then have braces run down to the floor of the boot (or trunk as we call them in the US). The angle may be too steep to reach the flor of the boot, so pick up the verticals in the rear skin and triangulate the kink that occurs where the support meets the vertical
derf

posted on 13/5/04 at 12:22 PM Reply With Quote
Too late, I went to get it bent, and took a good guestimation. I needed something structural, that will meet NHRA regs (which are stricter than SCCA's), so I got the pipe bent, it will sit about 6 inches above my head, it doesnt look that great, but if I have a taller person in the passenger seat it doesnt look that bad, plus the seat will be mounted about an inch higer than where it sits now. The roll bar has to be 2 inches above my helmut, so my guesstimation was almost dead on. It will be bolt in so I will be able to change to a different style roll bar if I want to.
derf

posted on 13/5/04 at 12:23 PM Reply With Quote
Oh yeh, and a boot is something I wear on my foot, cars and elephants have trunks.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.